Thursday, October 2, 2014

9 Months



Oh baby! When did you get so big, so funny, so smart? I swear I can look at your sweet face and just seen the brain working. I assume it's because you are the third child, but you seem to be learning things at warp speed. 

Eating: You eat a lot of table foods, baby food and still get a 6oz bottle every 4 hours. You're a fan of oreos! You get that from me.


Size: 17lbs, 5oz (25th percentile for weight) and 25" long (3rd percentile for height). Still in size 3 diapers. I recently bought a few size 9m outfits and after putting one of them on you, I returned the others for 12 month outfits so you could wear them for longer than a few weeks. 

Eyes: Hazel

Sleep: Oh, the pediatrician and I had a nice talk about this today. Your night wakings continues; you were up on average twice a night this past month. There is no regularity to your waking either. The doctor thinks you need to learn to self soothe better and that you don't need the middle of the night feedings. I'll be honest, I just want to go back to sleep so I tend to just give you the bottle because I know it will work rather than encouraging you to go back to sleep on your own. Starting tonight though...well...there maybe very little sleep on my part because she recommended the Ferber method or the good, old fashioned turn the monitors off and let you cry it out. I don't think your Dad will let me just let you cry it out...so Ferber it is...for now. You're quite strong willed so in the end I think we may have to let you cry it out, but we'll give the Ferber method a shot first. 


Savannah picked out this pink bunny at Carter's and you love it. You snuggle into it every night. You've also learned to sleep on your belly, stand up in your crib, bounce around like a wild woman. You often stay in your crib for 30 minutes, quietly entertaining yourself before you start to fuss. 

Paci: Not really. Hardly ever. The last couple of days, I've noticed your thumb in your mouth. Maybe you're teething....I'm not sure what's up with that.

Likes: Baths! Me. I hate to brag, but I love that I'm "your person" and every time you come to me you do this purr/giggle thing and smile. Standing up. You pull up on everything. You get into everything and you love it. When I tell you no, you just smile and laugh. 

Dislikes: Being left alone. You don't like for someone to just put you down; you want someone to be next to you.  You don't like getting your PJs on after bath. 

Milestones:
Pulling up
Crawling. One knee down, one foot down. You get around though.
Pointing
Clapping
Sleeping on your belly
Saying Da-Da (appropriately even)
You moved out of the infant carrier into a Diono Radian**

** I wish I had moved you sooner. You were in a Chicco Keyfit carrier and would cry and scream during any car ride longer than 30 minutes. We drove 3 hours round trip the other day and you didn't make a peep other than to babble and laugh. You napped both ways too. You are so much happier in this seat. I highly recommend it. 

Miscellaneous: Your big brother and sister spent a few days with Gigi. While they were gone we sent them this video. Listen to this video, close to the 19 second mark. What do you hear? I hear "I love you." You've really started to mimic a lot of sounds. I swear one morning you said "Hi Caed" when you saw Caedmon. 


You woke up sneezing two weeks ago with a side of runny nose. By that evening, you had a cough and low grade fever. Saturday was more of the same. After waking multiple times Saturday night, I was up with you at 5:30am. I put you back down, only to wake again at 6:30. When I got to you, your breathing had completely changed.  I sent a video to Matt at work telling him I didn't like the sound of your breathing. His response "Jesus. That sounds terrible." Cue the panic!



I called the on call Pediatrician who basically told me to get you a breathing treatment STAT or take you to the ER. Luckily by this time, Matt was home from work and called a friend who is a medic. We managed to avoid an ER visit and followed up with the doctor once the office opened Sunday. Diagnosis...the Enterovirus that is going around. Scary stuff. 5:30 you were fine. 6:30 in respiratory distress. We're also the proud owners of a Nebulizer, should we ever need it again. I'm pretty sure you didn't leave the house for the next week. I wanted to make sure you got better so we became shut ins.

Man...month 8 was a busy one! 











 (I know she's crying in this picture after I just said she has yet to fuss once in it...but this was the day I installed the carseat. She was over my putting her in and taking her out of the seat. And...I removed the black pads, near the clips. Once those were removed, she was much more comfortable)





As I am finishing up this post, I'm watching you wiggle and fuss in your crib; it's almost 10pm. Here we go with the sleep training. Wish us luck!


No comments: