Monday, March 31, 2014

The Grind

It's "Track In" day. Yay!! I don't know if I've ever been as happy to have the big kids track back into school as I am today. It's been a long three weeks; a very, very long three weeks. They were tired of me, tired of each other, tired of having no real routine...it was time. 

It's their last track in before the summer. Then we will have a 1st and 3rd grader. I can't believe how quickly time is going by. This part makes me a little sad. I miss the days when Caedmon and Savannah were best friends and knew nothing other than each other. Nowadays, they just manipulate and instigate each other all.day.long.

Side note: We applied for transfer to our base school for the 2014-2015 school year (we had opted to keep them at their previous school for the 2013-2014 school year after we moved). We found out Friday that they did get in; now we wait to find out which track they will be on.

With Track In, comes the time for me to go back to the office. I've been blessed (although some days I wouldn't call it a blessing, see above) to be able to work from home for the last four weeks. Just like it was time for the big  kids to head back to school, it was time for me to leave the house. It's been a long winter; the walls were beginning to close in on me. There is a part of me that is relieved to be back at work. I have a reason to shower in the morning, put on real clothes (so long yoga pants), and join the rest of the world. I'm sure my optimism will fade quickly once reality hits.

Y'all, I discovered Pilates and I'm addicted. It was love at first class. I think I've taken about 8 classes over the last two weeks. I'm currently trying to figure out how I can leave work and make the 10:45 class on Mondays (it's not going to happen, but I would love it if it did). I even went to the gym Friday, Saturday and Sunday just to take a Pilates class; I rarely ever go to the gym on the weekends. But my abs and hips are sore today, so I must rest.

I'm still tracking points with Weight Watchers. I'm down 4.4 lbs in 4 weeks. It's slow going, but a loss is a loss. I know why people get discouraged...you just want instant results. Hello, I've been eating lettuce for four weeks now - why do I still have 10 lbs to lose? Ugh. But...it took 8 months to put on the weight, I guess it will take a few more than four weeks to lose it. 

Emory is doing well. She turns three months tomorrow, so I'll fill you in on all her new tricks then. 

In the meantime, here are some pictures from the last few weeks...  

Savannah loves taking a bath with Emory.

Savannah and Belle enjoyed time outside at the lake.

These two cracked me up ... walking together and carrying on a conversation about who knows what!

Savannah got a guitar!



Balloon hats are still fun, even at age 8

Savannah and I took a little girl time and painted pottery. 

My heart is full!

One evening I had put Emory to bed and gone back downstairs. A little bit later I heard her crying; when I got upstairs this is what I saw...Savannah had picked Emory up out of the rock and play cradle, carried her to the rocking chair and was rocking her. Some days, I'm amazed Emory hasn't been hurt yet.

 He's offered his baby whispering services for nights when I can't get her back to sleep.

 I got a wild hair to organize our legos. Oy!! There went two days of my life I'll never get back.

Then we rearranged the playroom. Much more floor space now which is great for wrestling!

 My fashionista!


We got together with my Dad's side of the family and had a great time playing with all the cousins and eating some delicious food!

Savannah and cousin Olivia swinging!

In a matter of about two months, there were four new babies born! 
Oldest to youngest, left to right



Savannah was worn out after leaving the family gathering!

 Cousin Olivia came back to our house and spent some time with Savannah!

 Pretty girl!

 Caedmon and Savannah went to the museum with Nonni and Nonno one day during track out.

 
Hanging out with Caedmon and his buddy, playing video games

This is how I feel about video games too!

Check back soon for Emory's three month update!

No comments: