Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dang it, Little Big Town

On my way home Little Big Town's Bring It On Home came on the radio. Back in 2006 I made my Dad a Father's Day montage featuring this song. I had forgotten about this montage until I heard this song. I pulled the montage up as soon as I walked in the door. The montage itself wasn't as great as I had hoped, but it was great to see my Dad...before the cancer. Well...great and sad. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the intensity in which I find myself missing him surprises me. I don't know what I thought it would be like; I can only describe it was an emptiness so deep down that it can't be filled. So often I find myself fighting back tears, yet I don't cry or maybe I won't let myself cry because the tears aren't going to bring him back. 

Ironically, it's been four months today since he passed away.  


No comments: