On January 1, 2014, at 37 weeks, 3 days
gestation, Emory Nicole was born at 3:11pm weighting 5lbs, 12 oz.
Other than
some low blood sugar that required a couple hours in the nursery, she was
healthy. Upon delivery of the placenta, the doctor did note that it was small
in size and the cord was off to the side (rather than centered). This was most
likely the reason for the growth restriction.
The labor was by far my easiest. The
induction began at 8:45am. They broke my water at 11:45am when I was only 3-4cm
dilated. Since I knew I was going the epidural route and that once my water broke my labors sped up, my nurse went ahead and
ordered it. I received
the epidural at 12:15/12:30. By 1pm, I was just tired. I rested for about an
hour and then began feeling pressure. Unsure if I should call my nurse and not
wanting to be a pesky patient I decided not to call her. The pressure began
getting worse and it became harder not to push through. About the time I
decided to call my nurse, she walked in and said she wanted to check me. By
2:45, I was 9.75cm dilated and I was given strict instructions not to push! My
OB was in with another patient so I had to wait for him to come in. When it was
finally time to push, Miss Emory made entrance on the second push.
No comments:
Post a Comment