Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Big Day

I'm not going to lie, I had a lot of mixed emotions going into today's ultrasound. It was a mixed bag of worry and excitement. At the same time I realize that I'll never have another day like today again and that's kind of sad in it's own way (meaning - baby #3 is it for me). 

Did I tell you my Dad came to the ultrasound? He did! He and Matt were in the room with me. I'm pretty sure he's never seen a baby ultrasound in action. It was pretty cool having him in there.

Let's get the new out of the way first. It's a ... GIRL!!! I swear when she said girl, it took my breath away. I knew it was either a boy or girl, but I had pretty much convinced myself it was a boy, but my initial intuition was right. 

She was semi-cooperative. The tech was able to get all the measurements she needed and the baby was in a great position for the money shot, but there was no good profile shot to be had. She's transverse (laying sideways) but bent in half (think knee to head). 




Before Sav was even in the car at pick up she was asking me if it was a girl. I did the motherly thing and made her wait another two hours before I told her. 


I'm pretty sure it was worth the wait....for Sav at least.


Caedmon recovered fairly quickly. I think he was more upset about not being right in his prediction. I'm sure once he sees the baby for the first time, he won't even remember the disappointment.

So that's it...Baby #3 is a girl. She's healthy. She's measuring about 6 days behind but all my kids were on the smaller side and all continuously measured small. I'm excited for January!!

No comments: