Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I realized I have not provided an update on my Dad lately. He's adjusting to life with the ostomy bag. His gout is better; it's being controlled with a step down dose of prednisone. But it seems to flare up once he starts to "step down" in dosage. He has been back at work since early January. He met with the Oncologist a couple weeks ago and the news wasn't the best, but it could have been worse. There is an 80% chance of  Cancer again based on the type of cancer he had and the fact that it had metastasized to the prostate (which was also removed in November). Every three months he'll go back for scans and as long as nothing new shows up, he'll keep trucking along. He has to be tumor free for 6 years to  be considered in remission. That's a long time to live your life in 3-6 month increments, but someone has to be in that 20% who do not have a re-occurrence, right!?!

Things have changed since last week. We're home permanently. We will not be going back to my mother in law's house for her final round of Chemo; this was her choice. 

Caedmon is officially an orange belt in TaeKwonDo. 

I have a little confession. I'm getting a little excited about Savannah starting school. It hit me today that I can leave work at 12, go to the gym and then head home to work for the rest of the afternoon. Do you know much easier working out during the day will make my life in the evenings??? 

Another confession...I just finished Caedmon's 5 year old montage. He turns 7 in 13 days.  I told myself after they both turned 5 I wouldn't do individual annual montages; instead I'll just do one that covers both of them for that year. I still plan to do this although I'm 2 years behind. First I need to get my pictures off my old laptop. I haven't booted that thing up since Christmas. It's anyone's guess if it will start.

I literally just hung up the phone with Matt. He bought himself a fanny pack. There are no words. I know he wants to use is for his gun and other stuff he totes around regularly...but a fanny pack? Apparently my husband is now a 65 year old Grandma. 

I've decided to wait a while longer before deciding on #3. I feel really good about my decision - most of the time. Matt was on board with #3, but it was me that decided to wait. I'm going to see what it's like having both kids in school; I might find that I like the extra freedom. On top of that, Matt's work schedule might (hopefully) change within the next few months and from what I've been told the first 4-6 months of this schedule are H.A.R.D. Plus our savings isn't exactly where I would like it to be.  When I think back to all the months we really struggled financially, I feel sick. I think waiting until things "baseline" (can I use that as a verb) is the smart thing to do.  That's my mature decision for 2013. Expect nothing more from me this year.  ;)


1 comment:

JMS said...

I've been waiting for you to announce #3 for years & in fact said so to Samantha M not two weeks ago! ;-)