Thursday, December 13, 2012

Randomness

My birthday was Friday.  Matt had a little 'mishap' at work and ended up being there until 8:30 or so.  After sulking for a bit, I cancelled our dinner reservations and took the kids out for burgers. No fun family date night, no birthday cake, no Happy Birthday song, no presents to open.. But I couldn't be mad at Matt. Accidents happen and I knew he was already pretty upset over it.

I mentioned I had finished the Santa shopping before Thanksgiving. Silly me, why be proactive when your kids will just change their lists two weeks before Christmas. If they change their minds again, they're SOL. I refuse to panic again!


Caedmon looks so big in this picture. As if he's almost too big for Santa's lap. He just hit 50.0 lbs yesterday (I'm sure he'll continue to fluctuate, but it's the first time I've seen him hit 50). Meanwhile, Sav's catching up. She's between 39 and 40 lbs.

Sav's class had their Holiday Concert Monday night. We're slowly making progress in the performance department. She actually sang and "danced" (albeit stiffly, but there was movement)!!

We're still loving being back at home. There is nothing like it!!! If we've learned one thing...we don't want a large home. The larger the home, the more stuff you have. The more stuff you have, the more you have to clean. The more you clean, the more the kids come right behind you and leave devastation in their wake.

We did get a tree and it's perfect! Although it did fall over during the middle of the Giants game Sunday. No ornaments were lost.

Caedmon broke a board at TKD the other day. I hope this video shows up for you. My heart swells with pride everytime I watch it. I know how much breaking the board on his first try meant to him.


We cancelled our cable in August when we moved into Donna's. We're still without cable. I'm pushing to not get it reconnected until we're back permanently. I don't know if Matt will be able to make it without his ESPN.

Edited: I just called to have it reconnected. I'm eating thru my Verizon data package since I work from home. We might as well have cable and wireless internet since I'll be spending that much on Verizon's data package at the rate I'm going. BONUS! A $150 Best Buy Gift Card. Yay for my Laptop fund!!

That's about it in  our world. Until next time...

1 comment:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

You are supermom. Happy Late Birthday!!