We knew Donna was going to be coming home this week, but the exact day was unknown. I assumed it would be Friday'ish.
As I said on my Ten on Tuesday post, we were taking this break as a chance to move all our stuff back home and regroup. When we return in January, we know what we need to bring and what we don't. Our plan had been to start moving stuff back to the brown house Wednesday night, taking our time and then leaving Donna's place clean and ready for her arrival.
Yesterday (Wednesday) I dressed for work, ate breakfast, got the kids ready and with a few minutes to spare, I decided to check her Caringbridge site. On December 4 (Tuesday) she posted she was coming home, leaving Wednesday morning. Uh, holy crap!
The house was not clean; the floors needed to be cleaned, the sheets changed, bathrooms cleaned, the house put back together basically). Our stuff was no where near packed up; in fact there was not a single thing packed.
Luckily I have an amazing boss who completely understood and let me take the day off. I worked my tail off from 9am until 9pm. After dropping the kids off, I manically started packing. Lets just say trash bags were my friends yesterday! Pack, load the car, drive to the brown house, dump the stuff, rinse and repeat.
Once Donna's house was empty of our belongings, I began cleaning. We had made some changes to b better accomodate our family while we were staying there. But I know how much her things mean to her, so I made sure to put everything back the way we found them.
As for the brown house...the pieces fell back to normal pretty quickly. Over the weekend I cleaned out my closet, the kids closets, and the playroom which helped tremedously. I even managed to do laundry, fold four loads and put them away. I also redid our hall closet because the Caedmon & Savananah's shoes are getting too big (and too numerous) for our old method.
I had hoped I'd sleep well last night, but instead I was awake at 3:30 (thanks to Sav) and couldn't fall back asleep. I logged into work at 5am and then slowly found myself over here.
I swear I'll post pictures soon...because seriously how much fun is a blog without pictures?!?!
At anyrate, I'm so glad to be home...at least for a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment