1. Caedmon is tracked out the entire month of December; he’ll head back to school January 2. Before he tracked out, a couple First Grade classes put on their Holiday concert. Guess who did a little duet to the intro for Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!!! And to top it off, he had straight 3s on his report card (3 is equivalent to an A). He’s now reading on grade level, at a level 9. Although I’m afraid with the long break he might regress some.
2. Caedmon also tested for his Yellow belt in TKD over the weekend. We’re proud to announce he passed. He may already be getting private lessons from Matt for the Yellow belt form. Somewhat surprising is that he already knew some of the form and one steps just from watching the other Yellow belts in his class.
3. Savannah’s Holiday concert is this coming Monday. She’s already warned me not to look at her because she’ll stop singing like she has done in the past.
4. My birthday is Friday. The big 32. I’m in the market for a new laptop. Can I tell you how consuming it is? It’s like buying a new car…everyone has an opinion. The reviews are semi-helpful, but again…everyone has an opinion. Not to mention there is the budget that I have to consider. I’d like to transition over to a Macbook but after talking with the IT dept at work, it’s not the greatest when you’re working from a Remote Desktop Connection.
5. My Dad received his pathology results last week. The cancer (in his bladder and ureter) had metastasized to his prostate. But…they took the prostate out when they removed his bladder. Five out of the 36 lymph nodes they removed came back cancerous as well. Where does he go from here? In about 4 weeks, he’ll undergo more scans. Because he recently had Chemo, that’s not an option at this time. Right now, they’re trying to get him into a clinical research trial at UNC where they take his white blood cells, inject something in them and give them back to him. These cells are then supposed to attack and kill the cancer cells. That’s the elementary version of it at least. So not the worse news, not the best. We’re back to “wait and see.”
6. We put a tree up at Donna’s house the weekend of Thanksgiving. Quite possibly, it’s the ugliest tree I’ve seen in a while. It’s enormous, the limbs are already turned down, and there is about 15% of the tree that is actually decent to look at. The good news is that Donna should be home later this week and we’ll be transitioning back to our house for the next 4 weeks and we can redo the ugly tree.
7. When we move back this time, we’re moving back a majority of our stuff (the gun safe, a lot of the kid’s toys, bathroom stuff, etc). We’re 2/3 of the way through her treatment and I’m finding it very overwhelming to keep everything in their makeshift place. So we’ll keep the necessities and take the rest home. Hopefully we’ll be spending a little more time at our house from January – March. The biggest complaint from the kids (and us) when we go home to the brown house is that it doesn’t feel like home.
8. I’m happy to announce I’m done Christmas shopping with the exception of Matt, 2 gifts for family friends, and stockings. I still need to address our Christmas cards and get those out.
9. Speaking of Christmas cards…if you get one from us, I apologize for the poster size card. Apparently I didn’t read the description and assumed they were 5x7. They’re like 6.5x 8 or something quite large for a card.
10. It’s December 4th and we slept with the windows open last night. I hate global warming.
I have a ton of pics on my phone to post, but the day got away from me. Another post, maybe?!
I have a ton of pics on my phone to post, but the day got away from me. Another post, maybe?!
No comments:
Post a Comment