We came, we saw, and we conquered. Although I could go the rest of my life not hearing the words "Can we ride the subway? When are we going to Toys R Us? Can we go to the Lego store again? I'm hungry. I'm tired. How much further? Where are we going? Can we go back to Toys R Us? What about the Lego store?"... Get the idea?
Caedmon did really well. Once I established the fact that he had to wear his coat everytime we went out, things seem to get better. There might have been some bribery involved; something to the tune of if you fuss about wearing your coat one more time, we will not go to the Lego store!!
Airplane...this was his first airplane ride. He was so excited! Other than the typical ear stuff, he was fine. In fact he did better than me on the way home. I thought I was going to get sick; everytime we hit turbulence he laughed and told me how awesome that was. Meanwhile I'm fanning myself with the emergency directions, counting the seconds until we land.
Walking...we did so much walking. Probably 5-7 miles a day. Caedmon hung in there though. I only had to carry him once, and that lasted for about a block. We did take the Subway down to the 9/11 Memorial and Caedmon couldn't have been more excited!!
Food...Apparently Caedmon doesn't eat much when traveling. He'd eat a few bites here and there and then be done. But that didn't stop him for asking for snacks every few hours. We ate at John's Pizzeria, Carmine's, Magnolia Bakery and a few other Mom & Pop type places along the way.
Sites...We went to the 9/11 Memorial. We got to see the Memorial pools. We hit up Time Square about 3 or 4 times and the same with Rockefeller Center. We took a buggy ride through Central Park; visited FAO Schwarz.
Broadway...Friday night we saw Newsies and Sunday afternoon we saw Spiderman. My favorite was Newsies, but they were both good. The set and design for Spiderman was fun. Spiderman would fly over the audience, shooting spiderwebs. Hands down though, the music and dancing for Newsies was fantastic.
And this one...well his face just makes me laugh.
A huge, huge thanks to Gigi for this special trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment