1. I went “home” this weekend, to our real house. The brown one. The one we pay mortgage on. It was actually nice. It felt a little bit like a vacation. Since we haven’t been living there, there wasn’t much to clean and we no longer have cable there (why pay for it if we aren’t there to watch it), so I sat on the couch and read for most of the weekend.
2. I miss my home. I miss the smell of home. I miss the familiar surroundings. I miss it being “mine.” The kids feel it too. When they aren’t at home, they talk about the “brown house” but when we’re at home they talk about how there is nothing to do there because their other toys are at the “white house.” But it's okay. We're lucky to have two places we can call home right now.
3. My head wasn't in the game of life yesterday. At lunch I told my boss I was taking the rest of the day off and I went to my house, the brown one, and took a nap with Savannah. I woke up feeling a little better...not so teary.
4. Caedmon received the Hard Worker Award for TKD last week. We celebrated with dinner at Yogurt Mountain. Yes, you read that right. FroYo for dinner.
5. We had Caedmon’s parent/teacher conference last week. His teacher was so nice and told us what a sweet boy Caedmon is. He’s making friends and he’s a genius at Math. She expects him to track out of the Reading Club by the end of this quarter. He just needed a little boost when it came to reading. We can definitely see the difference.
6. 18 days until Caedmon and I head to NYC for a long weekend with my Mom, sister and nephew. It’s his first flight. He’s so excited and I’m looking forward to spending some 1:1 time with him.
7. Savannah has really gotten into dolls lately. Well one doll in particular, Erica. She tucks her in to bed every night, puts her in PJs, changes her clothes in the morning, takes her on errands (and to school). She’s made a bed for her next to her bed. I had to change her diaper the other night. Silly little momma!
8. So I’m reading the Fifty Shades of Gray Trilogy. I found myself skimming over the “intimate” details after the first book. The story line isn’t the worst. It’s captured my attention. I just want to know how it ends now. I started the 3rd book last night. I read the other two in less than a week.
9. It’s like …what… 61 days until Christmas? Seriously? How did we end up at the end of October already? I’m not ready for Christmas. My bank account isn’t ready for Christmas. We should really open one of those Christmas accounts where X amount is automatically drafted each month and you’re not left feeling so damn broke at the end of the season.
10. We’ll be alone for Thanksgiving this year. My Dad will still be in the hospital (btw, he gets to keep his kidney) and my in laws will be in Arkansas. My sisters celebrate Thanksgiving day with their in laws, which leaves Matt and I to create our own Thanksgiving feast. Should be fun!
Bonus #1. We watched my newphews the other night. I definitely got my fill of baby snuggles!
1 comment:
Wow, you have got a lot on your plate. Praying for you and your family, thanks for sharing whats going on.
Post a Comment