Tuesday, October 16, 2012

10 on Tuesday

1. Guinea pigs are kind of awesome. I wasn't too sure when we brought them home, but they've really warmed up to us. I can walk by their cage and say "What's up boyfriends" and they start peeping and squealing. Some nights Matt will ask me to do it over and over just so we can laugh at them. They like to be held individually for a little while, but soon Lloyd (the smaller one) will start squealing and as soon as you put him back with Harry, they snuggle into each other and quiet down.

2. Caedmon started TaeKwonDo two weeks ago.  He loves it, which means it's a good thing that he can attend unlimited classes. He's proud of his first black stripe on his white belt!

3. Savannah also started back in dance (yeah, I'm a little late signing her up). She's taking a pre-Ballet class which she really likes (compared to tap/ballet). She is also quite lovely in her pink leotard, skirt and tights.

4. Since both kids are taking classes, this means we're busy people in the evenings. I think Matt will end up taking Caedmon to TKD Mondays (since I work in the office until 5) and then I'll take him Wednesdays and maybe Thursdays. Savannah will have ballet at 4:30 on Fridays. My calendar needs a calendar! 

5. I had lunch with my boss last week, he told me when he put my paperwork through for my raise he listed my new job title as Sr. SIU Case Manager Team Lead. A bit wordy, right?! Needless to say I haven't bothered to change my signature block. 

6. We took part in the Walk For Hope yesterday. Thanks to everyone who donated and/or joined our team.  Matt ran the 10k and finished in 50:05, 11th in his age group and 12th out of 114 runners; which is great! It's not an easy run. I did the 5k and finished in 29:41; 13th in my age group, 30th overall out of 87 runners. My lungs were definitely not ready for the cold morning air and those big hills during the first mile. 

7. I had lunch with Caedmon at his school yesterday. Apparently when the Cafeteria lady turns off the lights it means absolutely no talking, not even a whisper and you're not allowed to share food. Not even Moms.  So many rules. I don't think I'd last a minute in elementary school! 

6. If you're heading to the theater soon you should see End of Watch. I thought it would be all Act of Valor'ish (meaning...lacking in all areas), but it was nothing like it. For me, it was like a good book that stays in your head even when you're done reading it. Maybe that is because I'm a Cop's wife and the movie is raw and sobering.  There were a lot of aspects of being an Officer and being married to an Officer that I "knew" in theory, but I only knew them; I never actually felt them. I could write an entire post to being a Cop's Wife and I wouldn't even begin to be able to put into words to the pride, the frustrations, the fear, the humor, the anxieties, the love, and the honor I feel being married to a Cop. It's definitely more than just a job.

Anyway, great movie...a must see! And Jake Gyllenhaal is in it. ;)

8. Donna is home for a month! I caught this sweet picture of Savannah and Donna hanging on the back deck soon after Donna came home last week. 


9. My Dad will find out soon (possibly today) what condition his kidneys are in and if there are tumors in the kidney. If so, they'll take the right kidney in November when he has his bladder removed. 

10. I have to be gone over night in November for a Continuing Education class for work. I'm dreading it like the plague. I don't want to drive 2.5 hours away, I don't want to stay in a hotel without my family, I don't want to mess up our routine and schedule. Blah. I wish I didn't have to go. 


No comments: