Saturday, December 17, 2011

T'was Two Weeks Before Christmas

Disney on Ice, Gingerbread Houses, Christmas Shopping, Christmas Programs, Pajama Day at School...it was a busy one!

I was excited to take my camera for it's first outing. Seriously, how lame is that? But I really was. I love the feel of it in my hands so much more than the P&S camera. I'm slowly getting familiar with it. I'm quite happy!!

While Matt slept Sunday morning (he worked Saturday night), the kids got busy with a gingergread house.





Sunday I had the entire afternoon to myself. I walked around stores after stores and wasn't rushed by anyone, didn't have anyone telling me they had to go the bathroom (because that ALWAYS happens at the most inopportune time) or telling me they were bored. It was glorious!!!

Caedmon had his first not-so-stellar report from school Wednesday. He still brought home a green hive (good, expected behavior) but the teacher wrote that he was talkative during instructional time. The  following day Matt went to have lunch with him and found that only 5 kids were allowed to go outside for recess while the others lost that privilage. Caedmon was one of the kids that lost the privilage. I'm sure the fact that they had a substitute teacher that day in combination with the upcoming holiday break had anything to do with it; regardless we made sure to remind him of our expectations of him - mouth closed, ears open.

Both kids had their Christmas/Winter programs at school this week. Caedmon did great; he was singing and dancing...very happy and very proud because Frosty is not an easy song to sing; there are a lot of words in that song!



Caedmon and his crazy eyes, haha.

Savannah, well, she stood around with her hands in her mouth. No surprise there. She might have sung a little, but she was still proud of herself!



We gave the kids an early Christmas present Thursday night. Caedmon had Pajama Day at school Friday since they were watching The Polar Express that day, so I let them open their Christmas pajama gifts. I should have taken a picture of my mini Hugh Heffner in his Star Wars PJ pants and bathrobe. He was hilarious looking, but so proud of his pajamas.

Big plans this weekend of cleaning upstairs to make room for all the Christmas toys and baking! I have four different cookies I'm going to make. I'll give you my review of them once I'm done. I picked easy recipes with the exception of the sugar cookies. It's not that the sugar cookies are hard, but it's time consuming to cut them out, decorate, and I'm sure my helpers will be no where to be found once they've stuffed themselves silly on cookies and icing.

No comments: