Saturday, December 10, 2011

Long time no blog

Can you tell Matt's working tonight? ;)

Let's see - where did we leave off....

Well Savannah made it through the feast at her preschool and did wonderfully. Before the feast, the kids sang a few songs. Apparently neigher of my kids are performers...instead she stood around giving Matt the eye and pointing at him the entire time.


Matt & I got to pretend we only had one kid and enjoyed a lunch with our little pilgrim.



During the first week of December my family celebrates three birthday (lil sis on 12/1, bro in law on 12/4, and mine on 12/7). Last weekend we headed to Mellow Mushroom for the big birthdays dinner. For birthdays, Mellow Mushroom makes a giant pretzel in any shape you want as your birthday desert. How awesome is that?! To make Sav happy I asked for a tiara pretzel and boy did they deliver!

Sav and her favorite cousin, Olivia, in matching dresses!

Do you remember last Christmas when I went to take pictures at the children's christmas church program and my camera was d.o.n.e.??? A year later and I still can't figure it out. I actually bought an adapter this week to try to charge the internal clock battery to see if that is the issue. It takes three days to charge (I have one day to go) and then if it works, it will have to be charged again every 30 days. With this in mind and the fact that I felt lost without my SLR, Matt surprised me with a new SLR.

Here was my dilemma - do I stay Nikon or go Canon? I mean I loved my Nikon but it crapped out on me after 4 years (and Nikons are supposed to be great, right?!). I've have a couple other friends who had similar model Nikons (D40/D50) and they've had issues with theirs as well. After emailing with Nikon and getting the most generic, awful, non customer service friendly response - my mind was made. So I'm starting out with a brand new Canon Rebel T3. I haven't played around with it too much but I do like it. The more I play around with it, the more I love it. It's actually a lot easier to read the settings when shooting in manual.

First night with my new camera...



I saw the following on Pinterest and thought "no way.." but sure enough it was that easy. Take some premade, canned cinnamon rolls and place one roll in each section of your waffle maker. When the waffle maker tells you it's done, take it out and spread the icing on them. Easy peasy and takes two minutes flat!

I'm looking through my camera on my phone and there is so much more I could update you on, such as....

My Mom got a puppy! Cutest little white and brown pup. His name is Timothy. Or Uncle Timmy if you are Caedmon.

Ernie the Elf has made his appearance this year. He's shown up in the fridge, the pantry, hanging from the ceiling fan, in the half bath, in the red neck toy truck...all over the place (which reminds me I need to move him tonight).

I got new bedding for our room.

We went to Disney on Ice (Princess edition) and had a great time. We got there and immediately Caedmon was hungry. He asked if he could go with everyone else to walk around and get something (I assumed to eat). I handed him $20 and he assured me he would get something for Sav as well.  Dang if the child didn't come back with some plastic sword from Sleeping Beauty. Seriously kid?!?!?!

This year we bought all new lights (from Walmart) for our Christmas tree...nothing fancy, no LED lights or anything. Even the box read "if one goes out, they DON'T all go out." Big fat ha! The middle section of lights (all of them) were out within 2 weeks. I finally got around to replacing them tonight; unfortunately Walmart didn't have ANY tree lights and the kind we had were very specific, only 3 colors of lights. I headed to Target and bought the biggest light bulb, colored, LED lights I could find. Matt thought I was real classy when I showed him what I picked out. I think he called me a red neck... Anyway, I think they're darling and the kids love them!!


That's it for tonight. I've got two chick flicks and a bottle of wine (well maybe not the entire bottle) with my name on them!

Wait, I swear Caedmon is still around but he's been doing his own thing a lot lately so there are fewer pictures of him this time around.

No comments: