I always have great intentions of doing special, holiday activities with the kids but the month of December seems to always be a blur. Not to mention when the kids are screaming "I'm bored" I can't think of a darn thing to do with them.
I stole this idea from a mommy board I'm part of. Tonight I sat down and made a paper chain with 25 loops. Inside each loop is one holiday activity to be completed that day.
Below is the list for our family this year...this took a little advanced planning since I had to determine Matt's schedule, other commitments, could the kids stay up a little later...but I think I've got it all down. Now I just have to enter them all into my phone so that I can make sure I have all the necessities on hand each week.
December:
1: Write and send Santa a letter
2: Santa Train at a local museum
3: Visit Santa
4: Shop for your brother/sister ($5 limit/child @ Dollar Tree)
5: Make a canned good donation
6: Watch a 30 minute Christmas show
7: Family Game night
8: Drop off the gifts for our Angel Tree girl
9: Eat desert for dinner
10: Shop for Cousins and Molly dog
11: Decorate a Gingerbread House
12: Special trip to Chick-fil-A for a Peppermint Chip Milkshake
13: Read Twas the Night Before Christmas
14: Make gifts for teachers
15: Make an ornament
16: Create Christmas gift tags for family and friends
17: Watch a Christmas movie
18: Bake Cookies
19: Deliver gifts (baked goods) to Neighbors
20: Visit a Live Nativity
21: Wrap the present for your brother/sister purchased on 12/4
22: Drink Hot Chocolate and watch The Polar Express
23: Drive around and look at Christmas Lights
24: Set out Cookies & Milk as well as your stocking
25: Sing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus

No comments:
Post a Comment