1. At Savannah’s 4 yr old check up the doctor noticed a black floater in her eye. The floater was still there ever after crying from her shots. Being the non alarmist pediatrician’s office that we love, it was decided they would just keep an eye on her (no pun intended) whenever we came back. Obviously I wasn’t really okay with that, so I made an appointment for Savannah to see a Pediatric Optometrist. Final results – the black floater was actually a reflection off the retina. The nerves all looked good. However, Miss Thing does have a significant astigmatism. The doctor said he wasn’t quick to prescribe glasses right now but did say around Kindergarten, when the demands of the eye become greater, we need to bring her back.
2. What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving. Caedmon is thankful for…
![]() |
| "I am thankful my my mom and dad. I hep my mom. I hep my dad." |
3. Remember the chicken nugget anxiety? After more meltdowns, I decided to call the Pediatrician’s office (uh…I swear I don’t call them for everything) and get some feedback from them. After giving Doc B the run down on the chicken nuggets, the feast fights, and her need to know what’s next, what’s next – he said he it did sound like she has some anxiety issues and OCD thoughts. He recommended a Behavioral Therapist for some play therapy as well as lessons for Matt & I as to how to deal. After talking with Matt, we’re going to wait it out and see if she works through this on her own. It seemed to come out of nowhere and maybe she’ll phase out of whatever it is soon. I’m thinking maybe it’s a late adjustment to Caedmon being in school or me being back in the office full time. No matter what the cause, we’ll continue to pack her chicken nuggets daily, continue to tell her what’s next, and continue to hope that this is just a phase that passes quickly.
4. Pray for us. Today is her Thanksgiving feast. We’ll see if we make it through without a panic attack from her. I am armed with applesauce in my purse, as they are supposed to serve chicken nuggets there.
5. I’m going to start having Caedmon play the lottery. He won his school’s raffle last week. Not only was he 1 of 3 kids to win, he won the top prize – Monopoly Platinum Edition.
![]() |
| SVES had a book fair at B&N one night last week. The Kindergarteners performed a couple musical pieces. |
6. Friday night my mom treated me and Savannah to The Rockette’s Christmas Spectacular. To say Savannah loved it would be an understatement. She sat on our laps the entire show, binoculars to her eyes, and wouldn’t even let us clap for them as it took away from her show. When we left her exact words were “That was totally awesome!” She’s asked me about 20 times since the show when we can go back.
7. Work has been crazy. Sales are down, yet my inventory is up. It’s so bad the company has started letting people go. This makes me so sad…especially right around the holidays.
7. Work has been crazy. Sales are down, yet my inventory is up. It’s so bad the company has started letting people go. This makes me so sad…especially right around the holidays.
8. I think I say this every year – Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Not only do we celebrate Thanksgiving this week, but Matt & I will celebrate 7… seven… Seven… SEVEN years on Sunday!
9. It’s a good think Caedmon knows what is going on. I was planning on sending him to school Monday – Wednesday of this week. He informed me it was only Monday and Tuesday. I told him he was wrong, it was Monday – Wednesday. After checking the school calendar…he was right…once again.
10. I did 6 loads of laundry Saturday (to include sheets and towels). I folded them all Sunday. There were only 2 odd socks out of 6 loads. That’s impressive friends!
Now that I did today's 10, I feel like I should have done a Thanksgiving edition listing 10 things I'm most thankful for...maybe I'll do that Thursday.




No comments:
Post a Comment