Last weekend's adventure took us to my sister and brother in law's farm. The weekend started out with a nasty cold front coming through; I'm talking mid to low 30's and rain. Lots and lots of rain.
I laid in bed on the floor between Caedmon & Savannah listening to the rain fall on the roof all night long. I bet you're wondering why I wasn't in the warm bed with Matt...well Matt doesn't like to share the bed. Even with a king size bed, he has a tendency to sleep smack dab in the middle. After a few hours of being pushed closer and closer to the edge, I just got up and crawled in between the kiddos.
Dani asked me & Matt to run the Run for Their Lives race with her. I figured running in the city where Dani lives would be a good practice run for the half marathon. There is a reason that city is know as The Hill City; the last 1.5 miles were down hill but the first 4.5 were a steady rise. Somehow, by some strange act of God, a miracle you might even say - I beat my September 10k time by 4 minutes. This still doesn't mean I'm a fast runner...because even with knocking 4 minutes off my time, I'm still slow by most standards (I'm talking a 10 min/mile).
Anyway, after thawing out and drying off Matt & I were judges for a Bread Bake-Off. A couple times a year my brother in law's family will have a bake off of some sorts (think pies, breads...). This was the best job ever!
We came back home Saturday evening as we really had a lot to do around the house and Caedmon had a friend coming over Sunday at 11am. While Caedmon & Joe, Savannah & Sophia destroyed the upstairs, we had friends and family come over to watch the Giants game followed by pumpkin carving.
Oh, how could I forget...a friend of ours brings the kids gifts whenever he comes over. Usually it's something like a new Barbie and Hotwheels, but this week it was a brand new Xbox 360 complete with controllers, chargers, cables, games and a Xbox live subscription (uh...whatever that is). We tried to tell him it was too much, the kids didn't need a gift of that caliber (read: price), but in the end it's rude not to accept a gift. Since we're not big gaming people, if anyone wants a used Wii with numerous games, controllers, etc let us know; we'll give you a good deal.
Halloween. Two words: Cold. Rain.
Savannah made it to about 1/3 of the neighborhood before calling it a night. However, Caedmon was a trooper and takes trick or treating very seriously. He hit up the entire neighborhood. I can't even believe the amount of candy sitting on top of the fridge. It would could feed an army...for a year.
{sleeping beauty}
{captain rex, star wars}
Whatelse is new?
Well I am pretty sure I broke our Keurig. No, I don't know if Keurig will replace it. I haven't called. I dropped it and the carafe part cracked and a piece that controls the "mouth" broke so it doesn't have as much tension when you open/close it.
I was actually packing it up and as I lifted the box, the bottom broke and the Keurig fell right out. Why was I packing the Keurig? I'd love to say it's because we're moving to a house that doesn't have a mosquito hawk infestation in the backyard or one where the stairs are not in the front of the house while the master is in the rear, or a backdoor that doesn't open outward...I digress - anyway- I've just been missing the smell of coffee brewing and pouring a cup of coffee from a coffee pot. And I realized finally admitted we were spending $50+ per month of coffee. When you're feeding a growing family, every penny helps.
Matt and I started a 100 day Burpee Challenge today. A friend from High School is deployed in Afghanistan; his wife decided to do this Burpee Challenge as not only a way to count down the days until Trey's return home but a way to raise money for charities. You might think...eh, no biggie, but the 100 Day Burpee Challenge only has a 15% success rate. It's not the exercise that keeps people from completing it, but it's the lack of discipline. If you drop out, you have to donate $100 to a charity of your choice.
I'm doing the descending option which means on Day 1 I do 100 burpees, Day 2 I do 99 Burpees ...Day 99 I do 2 burpees and Day 100, only 1 burpee. Day 100 will be February 8. As I type this I have 20 left to do, I'm pretty sure tomorrow's 99 are going to suuuuccckkkkk (meaning I'm going to be sore)!!
Can you tell Matt's not home tonight and I have no one to talk to? I'm talking to my blog. Wow. I should go finish my last 20 burpees.
No comments:
Post a Comment