Thursday, November 3, 2011

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur

True story!

Savannah has an unreal addiction to chicken nuggets right now. I'm not even really talking about her need to eat them at least once a day. I'm talking about her need to talk about them all.the.time. Most of our conversations go something like this:

S: Where am I going today?
Me: You're going to Sophia's.
S: Will I be there for lunch?
Me: Yes.
S: Can I take my own lunch?
Me: If you want.
S: Can I have chicken nuggets?
Me: If you want.
S: Can I hold them?
Me: It would be better if you left them in the freezer.
S: But I can hold them if I want to, right?
Me: It would be better if you kept them in the freezer.
S: Can I hold them? Puh-leeeaaaaassssse?
Me: Leave them in the freezer please.
S: I want three, in a baggie.I will hold them.
Me: Later.

{5 minutes later}
S: Can I have three chicken nuggets in a bag now?
Me: Later, you don't want them to get yucky.

{5 minutes later}
S: Now can you put three chicken nuggets in a baggie for me?
Me: NO, stop asking.

{3 minutes later}
S: Is it time now, can you put three chickens in a bag for me to carry to Sophia's.
Me: If you promise to never say the word chicken nugget again, I will do whatever you want.
S: Yay! Can I have applesauce too? 

Yesterday morning we ran out of chicken nuggets; we only had two left. She was okay with that, but was quick to tell me I needed to stop at the store on my way home from work and get some more.

On my way home I stopped at Harris Teeter (shut up - don't judge!). The usual Tyson chicken nuggets (red bag) I buy are $4.99 at Wal-Mart; they were $8.99 at Harris Teeter. No deal, Mama ain't spending $9 on frozen chicken. Sorry baby. 

Instead I bought a yellow bag of semi-generic chicken nuggets. Miss Chicken pants saw me putting this yellow bag into the freeze yesterday. 

S: Mama, are those the same chickens?
Me: Uh... yes baby, just like the other ones.
S: Are you sure? 
Me: Yes, love.
S: That bag is not red.
Me: Oh, that's because they are a different shape, but I promise everything else is the same.
S: Have you tried them? 
Me: No baby.
S: You need to try them. They might not taste the same.
Me: I'm sure they do love. 
S: No, you really need to make sure they taste the same or you might have to go back to the store.

For the love of chicken nuggets...


No comments: