Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Babies, awards, and races...oh my!

Last weekend we hosted a 'Meet Isaac' party. Isaac's going on 6 weeks old and at 5 weeks he is the tiniest thing. He's still so small that when you pick him up he pulls his little legs in. Let me tell you, it felt so goooooood to hold him! He definitely makes the idea of a third very tempting.


Sweet, little Isaac

Matt met Isaac for the first time

Cousin Olivia and Baby Isaac 
I could have held Isaac like this forever!

All five grandkids
{L to R Savannah, Olivia, Caedmon, Aiden, Isaac}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other exciting news, Caedmon won the Citizenship award for his classroom for the first quarter. The Citizenship Award is given to the child who has the best behavior, participation, willingness, and overall good attitude! Unfortunately Matt wasn't able to get off work to attend the ceremony.

We are sooooo proud of him!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We leave Friday headed east for the race weekend. Matt's running an 8k Saturday and the half Sunday. The closer we get to the weekend, the more I feel like I need to get a 5 mile run in, just to make sure I still have it. I ran 11 miles Sunday and felt great. I had solid 10 min, 20 sec miles. I didn't get sick after the long run either. I'm not sure if it was because of the G2 I downed as soon as I was done running or if it had to do with the Hibachi we had the night before (in other words, sodium overload). The weather is supposed to be great Sunday morning. I'm hoping for a successful run. My goal is 2hr, 20min. I'm giving myself a little leeway in there; no matter how you train and prep for a run you never know how you will feel when you get out there that day.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a kid note, does anyone have advice for a four year old that has suddenly developed some weird food, chicken nugget, feast anxiety? The last few weeks Savannah has had mini meltdowns at school and with the sitter. Oddly enough it usually happens around eating time. She mostly cries at snack time at school (regardless of the snack) and again she cries for the sitter either over chicken nuggets {or because she says she misses me}. She'll start to panic when the sitter mentions lunch time, and until the sitter assures her she can have chicken nuggets she's a mess.

She cries at home, but we've chalked it up to being a brat or manipulating us since we were trying to transition her over to eating what we eat for dinner. Learning that she cries at snack time at school and around lunch time for the sitter is a little weird.

We have been very busy at home, very rigid with our schedules but she still has some down time to play with her toys, Caedmon, etc. We've stopped watching TV during the week but other than that no real changes in our day to day life.

I forgot to mention in my chicken nugget post that she will come into my room at night and literally ask me if she can have chicken nuggets for lunch. She's a nut job! :)

And then there is the Thanksgiving feast at her preschool. This morning she saw the form in her bookbag and asked what it was. I told her I was letting her teacher know that we would be there for the feast. She proceeded to tell me she does not want to go to the feast. After asking 'are you sure' 20 times, she consistently told me yes she was sure. Fine, no biggie; I"ll save my $14 and we won't go. I can't tell you how many times tonight she asked about the feast. In fact she's in bed crying right now because she was worried the feast was tomorrow. I have assured her 100 times we will not go to the feast and the feast isn't for 12 more days. Yet that wasn't enough. She wanted to know exactly how many minutes away that was (umm...hello. I can't do that kind of math in my head) and she didn't buy a gazillion minutes.

So she has some food/chicken nugget/feast anxiety. Matt and I can't figure out what is causing this and I definitely want to make sure we handle this and not create some unhealthy eating habit.

That's all I've got for now ... other than a four year old whining "I'm hunnnnggggrrrryyyy mama."

No comments: