As I mentioned on my 10 on Tuesday, the kids and I took a little road trip west over the weekend. Sav and I picked Caedmon up from school Friday afternoon, car was packed, and we were ready to hit the road. After being pulled over on our way out of town by an attractive Police Officer, we were on our way! We stopped once for dinner at Cracker Barrel about 1.5 hours into the drive. It was an early dinner but I knew after Caedmon had been sitting all day at school he was going to need to get out and stretch. He ate nothing but biscuits; a completely cheap date because the biscuits are free. Sav ate about half a pancake and two pieces of sausage. Somehow I managed to put away the rest of her pancakes, a couple pieces of bacon, two biscuits, 2 pieces of turkey sausage, some more biscuits with gravy, 2 eggs, and a cup of coffee...it's a wonder I didn't fall asleep at the wheel after that!
We arrived to the campsite just in time to get cozy by the fire.
Caedmon ended up putting himself to bed around 9:30, but not before he stuffed himself silly on a grilled cheese sandwich and more s'mores and marshmallows than his Dad would ever allow him to eat.
Saturday we awoke to chilly, chilly temperatures - my favorite kind of temperatures for camping! At the campground where we stayed was hosting a local flea market. Does anyone remember what happened last year we made this trip? We came home with Bruno. Caedmon kept telling anyone who would listen he wanted another puppy. Thankfully there were no puppies to be had this year; slight relief and slight disappointment on my part.
There was ...
Face painting
Live Jousting (well as real as a kid friendly show can be)
The boys got their swords and shields autographed
Sky chairs
Human Trees
and Knights in training
We got back to the campsite fairly late Saturday evening, in time to grill burgers and cook our own hot dogs over the fire and of course ... more s'mores. This night, Savannah ended up putting herself to bed around 8pm and I'm pretty sure we could have set off fireworks and she wouldn't have budged!
Sunday morning, the kids and I were up bright and early to drive about an hour away for the baptism of one of my long time friend's son, Jackson. I'm honestly not sure how I found the church, I kept taking ramps and exits, and turns and some how we pulled up in front of the church...with seconds to spare.
After church I looked over to see Caedmon talking to Jonathan, rubbing his hands together in a very "up to no good" kind of way. Come to find out Caedmon was letting Jonathan know..."I brought some weapons" (referencing his swords and shields).
(In case you're wondering Jonathan, I stole this from your Facebook page)
After church we headed back to Jonathan's house for a delicious brunch. I wish I could bake/cook as well as Brittney. Then we hit the road around 1:30 headed back home.
It was a long weekend, a great time and the only thing we'll do differently next year is make sure Matt can go with us.




No comments:
Post a Comment