Sorry friends for the two week hiatus. Life happened, again. We've been crazy busy the last couple of weeks and you're about to see why.
First of all, our local library held Twilight Time a couple weeks ago. The kids got to dress up in their Halloween Costumes and have story time outside one evening. Then they took a walk through this little path and did a little "mini" Trick or Treating.
If you couldn't guess, she put her lipstick on herself
Caedmon was Vert Wheeler from the Hot Wheels Battle Force 5 show (Cartoon Network)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were invited to go camping and to a Renissance Fair with my parents and some friends of the family. Unfortunately Matt was working that weekend, so I packed up the kids + my 6 year old nephew and we traveled west a few hours for a weekend of camping.
Please note, when I say camping...we stayed in heated campers with running hot water. There was no real rougin' it going on.
Camping was a BLAST! I think we all had the best time. The kids could not have been any more well behaved. I swear my favorite part of the entire trip were the mornings. Caedmon naturally is an early riser and you better believe that I loved having him crawl over to my bed and snuggling with him, whispering to each other and just being with him while everyone else slept. It was too cold to get out of bed so we stayed as snuggly buggly as long as we could. Let me warn you...if we ever camp with you...all bets are off after 7am. It's rise and shine once we can see the sun.
The Renissance Fair was a lot of fun too! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Savannah received her fairy wings...
and fairy dust.
Savannah with her "big girl" aka "big sister", Emily
Caedmon became a Knight, complete with his own helmet, sword and shield
He also got a walking stick that is just his size.
How cute are these mushrooms!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~While camping we came across some new friends!
I might have agreed to let Caedmon bring one home.
Meet Bruno; he was 8 weeks old yesterday. He's a Pomperanian / Chihuahua mix.
My nephew took home the little girl pup; her name is Sara (solid black w/ a tiny bit of white). My Uncles are the proud parents of the white and brown one; he's named Merlot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And if you didn't think all that had kept us busy enough, Caedmon still had soccer twice a week. Thankfully that ended last Thursday. Overall Caedmon scored two goals all season and his team was 6-2, but they don't really keep score (we did though!). While Caedmon plays soccer you can imagine Savannah is more than bored out of her mind. If you don't believe me, here is proof.
This is my personal favorite. It captures Savannah perfectly!!!
And so...soccer is over. He had a blast and met some really cool kids!
Each player received a soccer bobble head trophy.
That pretty much sums up the last couple weeks for us. Matt's back to working nights this week. The kids need to be tucked in. I need to finish packing their lunches and fold about 3 loads of laundry. Man...it never stops does it?
I hope you enjoyed catching up with us!
ETA: As I was laying in bed last night I realized I forgot to post the actual Trick or Treating pictures. Maybe tonight friends.




4 comments:
I LOVE all of the new pics! You guys really have been busy. I'm also glad you captured Sav having a great time at her brother's soccer game! Those ones make me laugh. Yay for posting an update!
Shesh, you're busy! I love the picture of Savannah, you can totally see her personality! Love the picture of Caedmon and Matt, too sweet!
Amanda! You were so close to my house! I went to the Renaissance Fair last weekend! I love the costumes! So cute! And the new puppy? Details, please?!
Love y'all!
That looks a lot like the Ren Fair about 5 miles from my house! Glad you guys had a good time.
Post a Comment