For the last five years we've taken part in the Outer Banks races in November. Matt & I ran our first half marathon in 2006 when Caedmon was only 10 months old. Since then we've managed to take part every year in this event. We haven't always done the half, in fact the last two years we've done the 8K instead and one year I did the Fun Run with Caedmon. With two small children and both of us working full time finding the time and energy to train for a half marathon has pretty much gone MIA.
This year we got to take one of my favorite cousins with us. Growing up I spent a lot of summers, school vacations, and weekends with my Dad's brother, his wife and their five kids. I can't tell you how happy it made me when Rainey, my 16 year old cousin, agreed to join us for the weekend.
Unfortunately on Sunday/Monday, I came down with the stomach bug that had gone around our house the week before. As I type this Caedmon is moaning and groaning that he's not feeling well; his belly feels yucky...so I'm going to cut this entry short and go snuggle with the big guy.
I didn't even get pictures of us finishing the race. Oh well, only a few taken on the beach...it was a chilly, windy day!
Poppa Nonno, Rainey and Sav
Me & Bruno
Rainey, Caedmon and me
Savannah and Sophia
Matt holding Bella



2 comments:
So cute! I don't know how you have any time to run!! I'm impressed. Loved your list on my blog btw, it still hurts me I ride in the backseat ;-)
I love the pics! Look forward to the kids coming tomorrow. Mom
Post a Comment