Team The Invincibles
Matt and I did the 10K run prior to the walk.
Something about the form of his sweat makes me laugh.
Those hills are no joke. After the 10k run and 10k walk, even my toes were sore.
The beginning of the walk; there were over 1800 walkers this year.
Caedmon & Sav entertaining themselves or shielding their eyes from the sun. I'm not sure...
Once you were deep into the walk, the path circled this lake. It was a beautiful day.
Danielle, Baby Olivia, and Em hung with me and finished the 10k walk; the others turned around at the 5k point.
After the walk and the catered lunch, we headed down to the Pavilion which overlooks the lake. It's so peaceful down there!!
Lady Olivia taking a quick snooze!
Matt F. Matt's an officer on my Matt's squad...those two are like two peas in a pod.
Jess F. and Tyler.
Matty Bo
Gigi and Cy
Oh Sav. Raggedy old Sav. Doesn't everyone do a 10k walk in their tutu? She's was in dire need of a hair rubber band too.
I would be in so much trouble if I didn't post pictures of their tattoos they got at the after walk party.
After the walk, I headed home with the kids in the car. I forget which one, but one of them asked me how Aunt Nicole died. It's been almost four years and while it's not a secret (she committed suicide in 2008), it's just not something that ever occurred to me they might ask.
After swallowing hard and running through all my options. What do I say. Do I tell them the truth? No, the truth would lead to too many questions, difficult questions with difficult answers. But I don't shield reality from the kids. This is life, this is how life happens sometimes, it's tragic, but it's life. It's our life. But no, less is more right now. Everything should be age appropriate information. Why can't Matt be here to field this question?
Me: Aunt Nicole was sick.
Sav: You can die from the sickies?
Me: Sometimes, if you are sick enough.
Caed: What kind of sickies did she have?
Me: She had sickies in her head and in her heart.
Caed: Oh! So the sickies started in her head, came out her mouth, and went back in her blood and down to her heart.
Me: Uh, that sounds about right.
Sav: Does everyone die from the sickies?
Me: No, not everyone dies from the sickies.
{I knew at this point the next time one of them gets sick there would be the legitimate fear that they might think they are going to die...}
By the grace of God I was saved by Katy Perry's Fireworks on the radio.



No comments:
Post a Comment