Thursday, September 8, 2011

Big kid rooms!

Yeah, yeah, yeah....long overdue I know. It's summer; we've been busy. Things are still busy around here but I'm hoping to be able to carve out a bit more time for the old blog.

Caedmon got bunkbeds back in May or June. Since he had a "new room", Savannah asked for weeks for a big girl room. As a parent, you know what you do for one, you have to do for both. So we got buys painting. Over two weeks, we painted Savannah's room, Caedmon's room and I finally took the wall paper border down from the kid's bathroom and painted that (it's only been 4 years since we moved in). I have plans to repaint the hallways and stairwell as well as finally paint our master bath...but again...we've been busy!

Caedmon's Room Before:


Okay this is kind of a lie,  but I don't have before pictures. This was his room three years ago. Since then we had added those sticky wall decals and swapped out this bed and dresser for a pine set and he had the Dr. Seuss quilt from PBK, but all in all you get the point. The built in desk was there (previous owners), and it was very basic.

After:

We removed the built in shelf and replaced it with this one (thanks Craigslist), painted the walls, bought some new bedding and curtains....It's a room fit for a Kindergartener!

Sister Sav's old room:


I'm looking at these pictuers thinking 'oh it was so cute and cheerful' but by the time we got to painting, girlfriend had smeared chapstick on the walls and God only knows what else. The comforter was stained, etc.

After:


Her room is actually a very pretty lilac color (it appears a tad blue in this picture). A new big girl bed (where else can you find a Pier 1 four poster bed for under $150...thanks again Craigslist), new bedding and a nightstand and Voila! And I've tried to center these pictures on here but Blogger has a mind of it's own this morning. 

More updates to come...I've actually finally uploaded pictures from Carolina Beach, the Warrior Dash, First Days of School, and Myrtle Beach...I'll be back!

No comments: