Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday's 8!

1. T minus 2 days until vacation! I’m so stinking excited to get away; it’s not even funny. The kids still don’t know!

2. Friday night we went out for sushi. There’s a local place very close buy that always has B1G1 free sushi and it’s always incredible. Unfortunately for us, Friday just wasn’t our night. Not only was the sushi not the freshest but we decided to try some new stuff…only we didn’t pay attention to the prices. What typically is a $40 dinner for us, turned into a $70 dinner and it wasn’t even worth it.

3. As if blah, expensive sushi wasn’t bad enough. My phone decided to dive out of my hands and land screen side down, busting the screen to the point of teeny tiny pieces of glass falling out of it. To top it off, I didn’t have the comprehensive warranty on it and I’m not eligible for an upgrade until March 2012….so $150 later, I’m a proud owner of a used (thank you Craigslist) Samsung Fascinate. What started out as a somewhat cheap dinner ended up costing us $220.  The best part was the clear packing tape we had to put over the screen to keep the glass in place. Real classy!

4. I think baseball might end up being Caedmon’s thing…of course I could be slightly bias. Not only did he have two great hits Saturday, but he caught a fly ball - all in 2 innings of Tball. Matt said it was hysterical; Caedmon looked up, ran toward the ball, stuck his glove out, caught it, and then started looking all around because he had no idea where the ball went. His coach looked over at Matt with this expression like “did that just happen.”

5. Every morning this week Savannah has cried big tears because she just wants to stay with me. It’s been very hard not to tell her to hang in there because we’re about to spend 7 straight days together.

6. This whole Kindergarten thing will be an adjustment for us all. No longer can we decide to just up and go somewhere (not that we do a lot of that now), but it’s knowing that there is this external restraint that is a real bummer. Caedmon will be going to a traditional calendar school (vs. year round). Not to mention, possibly changing my hours at work which would mean I’d work until 5, get home, dinner, homework (yes, they have HW in K these days!), bath, decent bedtime….when will I get to work out? I love how I can make everything about me! Matt would agree to that statement! :)

7. I kind of have a big for me meeting at work today. It’s one of those where I know my supervisor is going to be watching me to see how I do – we’ve talked more than once about learning how to manage people, so now is my chance. I'm good with the positive stuff, but it's the negative that makes me uncomfortable. My mantra for the day…Leadership, Confidence. Leadership, Confidence. Leadership, Confidence.

8. Sweet! Donuts in the break room. Mmmm…donuts and coffee. Eat your heart out Officer Matt!

Yeah, this is all I have today. It’s almost 10 and I’ve been working on it since about 7:30.

1 comment:

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

I can not wait to hear all about your vacation! You are going to have tons to post about!!! Have so much fun!!