1. One week from today until we leave for Florida. I'm sooo ready for a vacation, but I'm not ready to come back to work and spend the following 2+ weeks catching up. That really does taint a vacation.
2. The kids still have no idea we're going to Disney. We are planning on telling them next Thursday, after the preschool graduation/end of year parties, which happens to be the same day we leave.
3. Sav tends to wear her panties (can I say panties on a public blog? it seems ... wrong) undies backwards. It never fails, she'll have all this bunched up material in the front, I'll check her and sure enough, her backside barely has any coverage!
4. T-ball is going well. Caedmon loves it and so does Matt. They both have come a long way in the last couple weeks. Caedmon's quickly getting better in every area and Matt's learning some positive reinforcement methods! :)
5. Any bets on how long it will take me to come up with 10 things? It's 7:39am right now....I'm going to bet it will be at least 9am before this list gets published.
6. Dear Makers of Jelly Shoes, I remember summers growing up when I wore mine everywhere, so it was only appropriate that the first time my daughter laid eyes on these awesomely clear yet purple, sparkly things that I bought her a pair. But why must you make them so that they give her blisters? This only leads to battles every morning when she wants to wear them. Which leads to me being the bad guy and reminding her that in 5 minutes she will want to take them off because she has a new blister. Because of this, those super, awesome, purple, sparkly shoes now reside in the trash can because this Momma can't take daily tantrums at 6:30am. We'll stick to Crocs.
7. Last Thursday we went to our first Bulls game of the year. The kids had a blast despite it being a on the chilly and wet side. All week long they kept asking 'is today the game day?'. This is why we don't tell them about events in advance.
8. Last week we also participated in the Relay for Life walk in honor of my Dad.
9. Speaking of my Dad, earlier this month the doctors removed five new tumors from his bladder. The biopsy results showed that the cancer is still considered low grade, but it's moving more toward the muscle layer which means it's acting more aggressively. The doctors have decided to change his treatment due to this development and because he had Sepsis after the last round of BCG treatments (BCG is basically where they put a live form of tuberculosis into his bladder).
10. Give me some book suggestions if you have any! I need some for my 14 hour, one way train ride to FL.
And bam! It's only 8:21am. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment