Friday, April 29, 2011

This is what I'm dealing with...

I've been meaning to share a few Caedmon'isms, so let me get those out there before I forget.

Last weekend I called him a smartie pants. His response was "well there's smart and there's Kmart smart."    {No he doesn't watch too much tv. :) }

I can't remember what was going on, but I told him to relax, it's not the end of the world.  He quickly informed me, it sure seems like it.

This morning he decided to send himself to his room and took the throw pillows and blankets off the couch with him. In the process of collecting these things and walking on the couch, he fell off. Apparently it was slow motion and Matt couldn't help but laugh as Caedmon hit the floor. Caedmon quickly scolded Matt by informing him it's not polite to laugh at people when they fall.  {This is evidence that he does hear me!!! Score!}

Yesterday his teacher sent home the May calendar for school. 27 days. That's how much longer he has before he's finished with preschool...like forever finished.   Anyone want to guess what was the saddest part of the calendar? The part that made me fight back tears just reading it? The part that made my heart sink a little? The part that made me stop and catch my breath?

His preschool graduation.  His little preschool career is coming to an end. His first graduation of many to come. For some reason the thoughts of my baby, graduation, big kid school...it's a milestone I don't think I'm prepared for. I have 27 days to get there.  God help me!

No comments: