You would think it would be easy to jot down 10 things since it is my life, but really these things take time. In fact just to type five has taken most of my morning...so here it is. I'm half assing it today and forgive me...I have to go get my hair done now! :) Enjoy.
1. We seriously did nothing over the weekend. A whole weekend of nothingness. In fact I believe I put 24 miles on my car from Friday at lunch until Monday morning.
2. We decided long ago that we would not fly to Orlando for our Disney trip. To fly all four of us would be more than we wanted to spend (especially with the rising cost of gas right now). We then decided to drive, but we were dreading it. Friday my sister sent me an Amtrak link…usually a kid’s ticket is half the price of an adult ticket. Right now Amtrak is offering one free child ticket with the purchase of an adult ticket. All four of us are traveling for $308 total, which would have been the cost of gas for us. We will be traveling over night (depart 9:30pm, arrive 11am), but I think (hope) the kids will sleep better since they can stretch out in their seats rather than be restrained in their car seats. Plus how stinking excited will the kids be to take a real train?
3. Caedmon starts T-ball Saturday. I think he’s mostly excited that he gets to wear his cleats somewhere.
4. Caedmon collects the stickers he gets from the Doctor’s office. They are nothing special, but every time we go he gets one or two. One day I found a stash of them in his room. Do you know why he saves the stickers? So that one day he can give them to sick kids to help make them better the way Dr. B & Dr. Gigi makes him better (his words, not mine). Sadly Savannah snuck into his room over the weekend and took half is stash (the Diego, Dora, and princess ones); surprisingly he wasn’t too upset with her.
5. I’m asking for parenting advice here…anyone know how to get your kids to not talk back? I mean we stand firm every time it happens, we take privileges away, send them to their rooms, sometimes I punish with physical labor, yet the back talk doesn't stop. I feel like I’m beating my head against the wall.
3 comments:
Todd makes Cody stand with his nose in the corner. He won't let him sit down - he's got to stand...it's agony for me to watch, but it works.
If it happens again...it's soap to the mouth...again - this is disgusting...but they remember.
We've done both of those in the past but you know...it might be time to do them again. Thanks!
When you find it, let me know...and something to stop the eye rolls also. That would be really handy around here..drives me c.r.a.z.y.
Post a Comment