It's been a while since I've done a Tuesday post, my friends...
1. I now know when I can’t make it to Sav’s soccer games I must leave her shorts and team shirt laid out; preferably with her tennis shoes so there is no question as to what she is supposed to wear. If I could also send Matt ‘doing girl hair’ juju that would be good too.
2. On the same note, I’m also supposed to know (even when never being told) that it is Team Picture Day and I must convince my child to sit in on the team picture (even when not at the soccer field). It’s not good enough that I already have snacks and juice ready for Wednesday's game; just when you think you’re getting ahead, you’re knocked back down a few.
3. It was recently brought to my attention that I’ve been dropping the ball on the household chores. Those that have been to my house know it’s never messy and seriously if 3 baskets of laundry are as far behind as I am…then all things considered - I’m in good shape.
4. But that’s not good enough. So last night I did the laundry, folded it, and put it all away, cleaned the kid’s rooms and the playroom, moved their art work to the attic, moved Sav’s spring/summer clothes to the front of her closet, cleaned the kitchen, dusted and put the damn trash and recycle out.
5. At least I was thanked for taking the trash and recycle out this morning.
But whatever, I’m over it. I’m not mad anymore…well I’m getting over it.
It’s life. I disappoint him; he disappoints me…isn’t that kind of what marriage is about right…pointing out when the other is slacking? :)
PS Honey…there are still clothes in the dryer I didn’t get to last night. Please don't change the locks on me! :)
6. Caedmon is taking a field trip to the local elementary school tomorrow. He will be paired up with a Kindergartener who will show him the ropes. He even stays for lunch. He is so excited.
7. I had to get new tires for the Durango last week…all 4 at one time. Ouch. There goes our Disney fund.
8. Baby Olivia (my sister, Danielle, and HB’s baby) is due to make her appearance any day. I cannot wait to hold that little bundle!
9. Product Rave… I’ve recently discovered Maybelline’s Super Stay 24 Color for your lips. It’s about $10, and I’m totally digging it.
10. Oh man, Sav took lip gloss/chapstick to her walls during rest time over the weekend (imagine a nice grease stain on your walls in about 5 places). It’s a good thing we had company over or I would have lost my mind. Anyway, as punishment…she can’t have chicken ‘rings’ for dinner this week (she’ll eat them every night for dinner if we let her); she has to eat whatever we make. It’s killing her.
For the record, Matt's putting in a lot of over time right now, at my request, so that we have extra money for Disney...I appreciate it more than I actually tell him...so it's only fair that I have to 'up my game' at home while he's working crazy off duty hours. He has not completely lost his mind! :)
For the record, Matt's putting in a lot of over time right now, at my request, so that we have extra money for Disney...I appreciate it more than I actually tell him...so it's only fair that I have to 'up my game' at home while he's working crazy off duty hours. He has not completely lost his mind! :)
1 comment:
You are absolutely hilarious! I'm pretty sure I would leave the clothes in the dryer just because I'm mature like that!
Post a Comment