Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. I have some news I hope to be able to announce soon (as in by the week’s end). I really don’t want to jinx it. I suck at keeping secrets, but I am going to keep this one. Matt’s the only person in the whole entire world I’ve even talked to about this.

2. I’ve been stalking Craigslist for a Pub table (preferably square and black) and chairs for the kitchen for what feels like eternity now and I still can’t find what I want. I could go to a furniture store and buy one new but I’d save $200 or more by waiting for that perfect table. It’s out there, I know it is.

3. Sav’s party is Saturday. We’re having it at a local Paint Your Own {plaster} place with a guest appearance by a special princess. She’ll be three next Tuesday.

4. I ordered the Savannah turns 3! montage yesterday. I added the video clips from through out the year to the end of the montage this year so that we’ll always have it on DVD in case something unexpectedly happens to the computer. The entire thing is over 25 minutes long this year, haha. If you’re lucky I’ll post it next Tuesday so my favorite readers can watch it (or the first 9 minutes that make up the actual montage).

5. The other night Caedmon was in the shower and from the playroom we heard him singing White Snake’s Here I Go Again On My Own. We couldn’t help but stop and laugh.

6. I’ve put the kabosh on naps. They still have rest/quiet time but it only lasts for about 1.5 hours. I start the bedtime routine at 6:15 with bath, pajamas, teeth, books and quiet play in their bed beginning at 7pm. At 7:30 I go back in and tell them lights out and take their toys/books away. They’re usually out in minutes. It’s great because they have to be up by 6:15 every morning. I hear still hear a lot of “but I’m still tired…” every morning but no one is a grouch at least.

7. I attempted to make cute little cake pops like Bakerella does…total FAIL!

8. Oh wait, I may have a second announcement to make this week…sweet! I love good news.

9. I downloaded some calorie counter app for my phone (an Android). I totally did not believe that the phone could turn into a bar scanner, but you know what? It does. I scanned the bar code on a package of crackers and you better believe it immediately pulled up all the nutritional information and the name of the crackers. That is freaking insane!

10. A lot of people have asked about my Dad. My parents are currently traveling in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for two weeks, but upon their return my Dad will have another surgery September 24 since there were more tumors found at his three month check up. Keep him/them/us in your prayers please.


3 comments:

Graceandjoelroberts said...

I totally failed at cake pops too! I have NO IDEA how she makes them so round and perfect! Can't wait for your announcements, I'm no good at secrets either! Will definitely be praying for your Dad and your family.

Tiff said...

Humm.... are you pregnant? LOL, that was the first thing that came to my mind. :) Haha!
I bet your parents are having an AWESOME time! Of course I'll keep Mr Joe in my prayers!!!!!!!!!

Allyson said...

You don't know me, but I went to school (all of them) with Matt. My parents are trying to sell their kitchen table. It is a pub table. It is white (I know your post mentioned black) kind of a distressed not perfect blaring white. There are 4 chairs with it. Let me know and I can get you specifics. (Probably could be easily painted if really wanted black.)