Friday night in celebration of Caedmon no longer sucking his thumb we treated him to a dinner at any restaurant of his choice. He picked Johnny Carinos and then we hit Target up for a little special toy prize. Folks, I do believe after four and a half years he has kicked the thumb sucking habit!!!
We had a great weekend. Matt & I ran in a local Ovarian Cancer Awareness 5k Saturday morning and the kids enjoyed a nice ride. Excuse the pictures; the last half mile was up hill and this was taken right before we crossed the finish line. We finished in 33 minutes; right at an 11 minute mile which is my average pace.
The kids had a blast with the various vendors that were at the run/walk. They had a little Dunkin Donuts, Chick-Fil-A, Firebirds, a local pizza place; along with Little Gym, a bounce house, and the list goes on and on. The kids seriously kept telling us it was "the best day ever".
Savannah with Miss Teen {insert our state here...}
A barely awake Savannah {again she's not a morning person}
at the Little Gym area
Then we headed home for rest time and yard work {the kids rested while Matt & I worked in the yard}. Once everyone was up we headed out to run some errands, such as picking up the Birthday party supplies for the upcoming Birthday party for a Special Little Princess! We also hit up Earth Fare and would you believe me if I told you I found $20 on the ground in the parking lot? Yeap, I did. There was a Street Fair at Earth Fare and one vendor made the biggest bubbles we have ever seen. Caedmon got to take a turn making ginormous bubbles too!
After walking out of Earth Fare realizing we didn't make enough money to shop there, we went to place the cake order for that Special Little Princess's party and dang if the kids weren't given free cupcakes too! Caedmon could not believe his luck (dinner at Johnny's, a new BattleForce 5 car, a great morning with all the junk he could eat, and a cupcake...and I found $20, score!).
The weekend was complete with a Pirates and a Giants victory. It doesn't get much better than that!!





1 comment:
What an awesome weekend, you look Great, like the 5k is no problem at all! I can't imagine running and pushing a double stroller! Finding a $20! seriously? You guys were good luck last weekend
Post a Comment