Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Today's 10

1. While cleaning the bathrooms last night Savannah noticed the blue liquid in the toilet. She asked what I was doing and I told her I cleaned the potty. She then asked if I would clean her little potty and give it purple water.

2. Yeap, my kids were outside in their swimsuits Sunday playing in the sprinkler with the neighbor's daughter. It was a beautiful day, but you know they had to be cold.

3. Matt's headed South of the Border this weekend for a Bachelor Party weekend. The kids and I are headed South of the Border as well this weekend, but for a Family Reunion.

4. We're stopping to pick up my 16 y/o cousin on our way Saturday (her family lives in WA state but she's in school here). The kids and I are so excited to spend some time with her. Oh my, she actually turns 16 this week! Happy Sweet Sixteen Rainey!!!!

5. The kids have school pictures/class pictures today. I'm planning on having Matt bring them by my work so I can give them my seal of approval; you know make sure their hair is brushed, faces clean, etc.

6. I sure didn't win any Mother of the Year awards Sunday. I had no patience at all!!! I may have left our shopping cart in the middle of Wal-Mart and carried two screaming kids out of the store. I may have told them to shut up more times than I can count. I may have told Matt I couldn't stand to be around them once he got him. I hate when I have days like that, but between Savannah's whining, asking for a paci, constantly wanting to be held and Caedmon's need to be the world's biggest helper, aka Savannah's 3rd parent, I just could not deal with it. I'm definitely not proud of the way I acted toward them.

7. I ran the 10 miler Saturday. I'm definitely not a fast runner. at. all. But I finished, so I guess that should count for something. I think I'll stick to 8 and 10Ks for now and work on increasing my speed since I know I can do the distance (well I can do the distance if I have to).

8. Okay, this paci thing is really becoming a pain. She only asks for it at bedtime, but only when I put her to bed. Friday night she went right to bed for Gigi without a problem (spent the night at my parent's house). Saturday night we had a baby sitter and she didn't make a peep. Sunday night she fussed and fussed until I finally had to have Matt go in there. When he went in her room, she settled right down. Matt worked last night and guess who was up an hour after I put her to bed???

9. I've got until April 18 to complete my first course, Recognizing Fraud, in the Fraud Claims Law class I'm enrolled in at work. I opened the book for the first time today (April 12). Can I tell you how boring reading claims law is?

10. April 28. That's the day of my Dad's biopsy and transurethral resectioning. That's the day they basically get on with the show. They'll begin his treatment while he's in surgery. Please keep him and my family in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Some friends of ours at church are dealing with this right now. He just had some surgery to remove part of the tumor and biopsy. They discovered it was Cancer so they are doing some more treatment now. It seems like everyone has been touched by something horrible this year - I will add you guys to the prayer list at our church, too. :)

Tiff said...

Great post! I feel ya on the "only acting up for mommy thing" LG does that all the time! ALso, glad to know about your dads trmt! I will be praying!!! And AWESOME job on the race, atleast you finished!!!