Other than the obvious, Miss Savannah is watching The Princess and the Frog while enjoying her coffee milk (a splash of coffee, a lot of milk, with a sprink of sugar - it's one of her favorites) while I blog and enjoy my coffee, the real stuff.
Matt's out of town and Caedmon left last night with my sister for the family reunion. Savannah came down with a fever Thursday and has pretty much been laid up on the couch since. This fever seems to have no mercy on her. When the tylenol wears off it climbs up to 103.6'ish. With medication it drops to 101's. She had some vomitting the first day but nothing in over 36 hours other than the fever.
Since my Dad's surgery is scheduled for about 10 days away and we would have been staying in close quarters with him I didn't want to risk getting him sick. In the end I know I made the right decision because her fever spiked to 104.3 last night.
Matt's out of town and Caedmon left last night with my sister for the family reunion. Savannah came down with a fever Thursday and has pretty much been laid up on the couch since. This fever seems to have no mercy on her. When the tylenol wears off it climbs up to 103.6'ish. With medication it drops to 101's. She had some vomitting the first day but nothing in over 36 hours other than the fever.
Since my Dad's surgery is scheduled for about 10 days away and we would have been staying in close quarters with him I didn't want to risk getting him sick. In the end I know I made the right decision because her fever spiked to 104.3 last night.
It's one of those moments when I know if I call the emergency Pediatrician line they won't blow me off but they'll also say there's nothing we can do about it other than bring her into the office in the morning for blood work, ear check, etc. We have a GREAT pediatrician, awesome, the entire office is great. Now if her fever had reached 105 last night, I'd taken her straight to the ER, forget calling the emergency line. I've know too many people whose babies have had febrile seizures and that's something I never want to see for I'll never be able to get that imagine out of my head.
Anyway, we miss Caedmon (and Daddy too). It's quiet around here. It's almost like having the house to myself since all Savannah does it lay on the couch and watch The Princess and the Frog over and over and over. I have a lot of errands to run today, but I don't want to spend the money (oh that's another post in and of itself). We did attempt the grocery store after Savananah's nap yesterday, but the poor thing was freezing, "I chilly momma, hold my hand, I chilly" the entire trip. Uh yeah, that'd be because her fever spiked again while we were in the grocery store. So maybe if I can pump enough tylenol in her I can knock out a few errands today. If not, then I'll be cleaning carpets, reorganzing closets, deep cleaning bathrooms just to stay busy. Too bad I'm not in a cleaning mood. And it is a beautiful day outside.
Anyway, we miss Caedmon (and Daddy too). It's quiet around here. It's almost like having the house to myself since all Savannah does it lay on the couch and watch The Princess and the Frog over and over and over. I have a lot of errands to run today, but I don't want to spend the money (oh that's another post in and of itself). We did attempt the grocery store after Savananah's nap yesterday, but the poor thing was freezing, "I chilly momma, hold my hand, I chilly" the entire trip. Uh yeah, that'd be because her fever spiked again while we were in the grocery store. So maybe if I can pump enough tylenol in her I can knock out a few errands today. If not, then I'll be cleaning carpets, reorganzing closets, deep cleaning bathrooms just to stay busy. Too bad I'm not in a cleaning mood. And it is a beautiful day outside.
Oh wait, I do have a hair appt at 3:15 and this new place someone told me about. I think it's called Lather Salon (not a huge fan of the name - reminds me of a horse- but apparently they do a great job there and it's not pricey like those fancy schmancy salons in this area).
I guess I'll upload some pictures from the last couple of weeks this morning. Stay tuned for my lazy Saturday updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment