1. Caedmon has started to tell us “you broke my feelings”…I’m guessing he either means we broke his heart or we hurt his feelings.
2. He’s good at the guilt trips too! He knows just how to “break my feelings”. He’ll say “you’re not being a good mom right now” – if he stopped after that it would make me sad for about 10 seconds, but then he follows it up with “My Dad is going to yell at you when he gets home” and all I can do then if laugh.
3. Savannah has been walking around the house for a couple days saying “Humbug, Humbug”. I think her Godmother must be sending her messages (kidding, Erica – we love you!).
4. Every morning, heck a few times of day, Caedmon will ask “what day is it”. He only wants to know so he can open another door on the advent calendar and eat the candy. I might add that he is getting very good at picking out the double digit days (say the 17th, 18th, 21st, etc).
5. Sunday night/Monday morning he woke up vomiting (not a lot, but enough to freak him out because he hates throwing up). So he slept with us the rest of the night. Around 5:30 my alarm started going off, by 5:45 he was up and I was still hitting snooze. He was roaming around the house doing his own thing while I’m slightly conscious lying in bed still hitting the snooze every 7 minutes.
6. While we were still in bed he had pushed a kitchen chair to the counter and opened every door on the advent calendar and ate every piece of candy from the 21st through the 25th. Not only did he eat his piece, but Savannah’s piece as well. To make matters a little worse I had stepped up the candy for the last five days from sweet tarts and tootsie rolls to the good stuff (mini Reese’s cups, Hershey kisses, etc).
7. I’m very excited about Caedmon and Savannah’s Christmas gifts this year. They opened one gift last night since we had a big group of people over watching the Giants game. Savannah loved her Doodle Pro (a fancy magna doodle for all you old schoolers out there). L.O.V.E.D. I.T.!!!! Caedmon on the other hand feels that every present he opens should be Gordon and his green coaches, so imagine his surprise when he got a Doodle Pro as well. After a little snuggling and explaining that he could choose to keep this gift and play with it or we could wrap it back up and take it to another little kiddo who didn’t have a lot of toys, he came around and by the end of the night he loved his gift too!
8. Over the course of the last week I have been a baking machine. Remember last week when I said I wasn’t feeling Christmas. Well apparently I just needed to bake! I made bacon and cheese tartlets, homemade (from scratch) cinnamon rolls, sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies and chocolate chip cookies. It’s a good thing Matt was working last week and I could send these goodies to work with him for the other officers to enjoy.
9. I don’t talk much about this here, but I follow Hollywood Gossip like it’s my job. Brittany Murphy dead, at 32 years old?! Really? It’s so sad. My favorite movie of hers was Uptown Girls. I’ve read that she had a lot of inner demons she struggled with, but let’s be honest – don’t we all? I really hope, I guess because I’m a glass half full kind of person, that it was a heart attack not set off by any mixture of various prescription drugs that caused this. There have been so many overdoses in Hollywood lately that for just once I’d like someone to die from a natural cause and be remembered for what she meant to Hollywood rather than what she did behind closed doors.
10. I mentioned this yesterday but a friend (who will remain nameless at this time) really needs some prayers. She’s been sick for almost a year and a half; the doctors have a guess at what is going on with her body but are sending her for further testing. She and her young family (as well as her extended family) could really use some extra prayers right now!
PS. I have Santa pictures and pictures of the kids wearing their Christmas best on my camera that I hope to get on the computer today. I also have a video of the kids making gingerbread cookies! Check back tomorrow.
2 comments:
I would love the recipe for the bacon and cheese tartlets! YUM!
Oh no!!! I promise I haven't been sending secret Bah-Humbug messages to Sav! Promise!!
Post a Comment