Sunday, May 3, 2009

He thinks he's smarter than me...

And no I'm talking about Matt!

Last night Caedmon told me he needed to go downstairs for something. I knew it was for some left over Easter candy, but he wouldn't say it. So I popped him over the child gate in the bonus room and let him go. A few minutes later I was greeted at the gate by a handsome three year old who had both hands tucked behind his back.

"Whatcha got" I asked.

"Nofing mom."

"Oh really? What's that in your hands?"

"Nofing"

Needless to say he didn't get to enjoy the big Hershey Kiss and mini Hershey's kiss w/ almonds because he didn't eat his dinner. The sobs stopped about five minutes later.

Well this morning, it was a bit of the same. I hear the kitchen chair slide across the kitchen floor, I hear him fussing at Molly (the dog) to move out of the way, and I hear him searching through the pantry.

This time he walks back into the living room and he says "I got two pieces of candy Mom, but I did't get gummy candy that will stick to my teef."

{Thank you for looking out for those pearly whites of yours, now if you'd kindly stop sucking your thumb my wallet will thank you as braces will cost us more than getting a cavity filled.}

So he walks over to me and holds out both fists and I can see a pink wrapper (mini Reese's cup) and a lavender wrapper (Dove chocolate egg) poking out, but what he's cleverly hidden are the other three pieces of candy he's crowded into the part of his fist that can close all the way.

"No Sir, you can not have five pieces of candy. Pick two to have now (afterall he already had a decent breakfast) and save the others for later time."

Quietly he picks his candy up and travels to the hallway close to our laundry room where there happens to be a tall clothes hamper waiting it's turn in the washer. So I start to blog about this little boy who thinks he is smarter than his Mom when I notice he's unusually quiet and missing.

I look over to see two little feet sticking out from behind the hamper and when I stop typing I hear the papers of candy being ripped off.

So the little bugger ate all five pieces of candy while I sat on my couch and blogged about it.

He may have won, but I do have eyes in the back of my head and when he asks for dessert later tonight I'll remind him of the five pieces of chocolate he consumed at 8:15 this morning.

post signature

5 comments:

Jenn Sugg said...

They're tricky like that. As they get older the ole 'eyes in the back of your head' thing will amaze them. Several times Aiden will ask how I know what he's doing. I tried the 'I know everything' line, but he's getting too smart for that. But the 'eyes in the back of my head' is still perplexing to him!

Love the new look. I so need a blog facelift! It's very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

I agree with Jenn, I love the new look for the blog!

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

you have more followers than me! Love the new look.

Caed's a smart little cookie. It's hard to resist that candy!

Anonymous said...

I too love the new look. FYI, he may or may not need the braces...sucked my thumb until I was 9...And yes, Mom's do have eyes in the back of their heads as well as excellent hearing if you recall.LOL! Hugs. gigi

Brianne said...

That is too funny! I get the "Nofing" comment all the time....little do they know that we do know everything! :)