Monday, March 30, 2009

Personalities

After having a midnight (or rather a 2:45am) visitor (Caedmon) last night, I laid on the left over one foot shoulder of the bed (if that much) thinking about my two babies and how incredibly lucky I am, we are.

While I'd love to say that Caedmon is just like me...he's not. He's easy, he's simple, he's funny and witty, he's laid back, he's carefree and he's outgoing. He gets that from his dad. If you meet Matt, most would probably say he's somewhat 'standoff'ish' but that's the furthest thing from the truth. Matt is one of the most caring, loyal and generous people you'll ever meet. He likes to try new things. He has a core group of friends that he'll forever be dedicated to. He's brave and courageous. He's honest. He's innovative; he can think of 1000 uses for duct tape (and I'll roll my eyes at everyone of them, especially when they appear in our house). At breakfast the other morning Caedmon was telling me a story and used his hands (fingers straight out, thumbs bent inward toward his palms) just like his Daddy. It was then I realized, he is his Daddy through and through.

Now Savannah, my dear sweet Savannah. She gets her personality from me (poor thing). She's difficult. She's whiney. She's fussy. She's hard to please, and you better believe she'll melt your heart when she smiles. For all those times and to all the people that have made me want to cry because I was left out, or scream at because no one will listen to me, or whine because I just don't know what I want...I'll leave my dear daughter with them for an hour and she'll do it for me. But there is something about her level of passion (read: persistence) that drives me crazy, the good crazy. The 'I can't get enough of you; my life would be incomplete without you' kind of crazy. Maybe it's because I see so much of myself in her. I have this understanding of her and her moods, her tears and her smile. I am that little girl; only she says what I want to say without worrying what others may think of her. My wish for her is that she stays strong with the person she is, the person she is meant to be and accept that she is who she is and she doesn't need to be anyone different.

2 comments:

Erica Walters said...

I don't even know you except through these blog entries, but I teared up a little when I read that about your daughter. Very sweet!

Chillin' with Lemonade said...

I love that family!