Someone should have told me that once your child turns three they get an imagination. This week has been full of playing school and doctor. Oh let me not forget the Pigmy Marmosets hanging out in Target last night (thanks to Go Diego Go).
So in an attempt to stop having Caedmon examine me with his hammer and wrench (from his super cool Lightening McQueen toolbox Aunt Dani and Uncle HB gave him for his birthday) I went out last night and bought him a Doctor's kit.
[A little backstory...when Savannah had a bladder infection not too long ago, the pediatrician had to take her to the treatment room and cath her. Caedmon watched intently. Dr Gigi explained that she had to clean Savannah w/ a little cold soap (big q-tips of iodine) before she could get Savannah's pee pees out.]
The night (Tuesday maybe?) I realized we needed the appropriate medical tools, I was laying on the floor in Savannah's room being "examined", you know a hammer to the heart and a screw driver to the stomach (he's making his way down, head to toe).
So in an attempt to stop having Caedmon examine me with his hammer and wrench (from his super cool Lightening McQueen toolbox Aunt Dani and Uncle HB gave him for his birthday) I went out last night and bought him a Doctor's kit.
[A little backstory...when Savannah had a bladder infection not too long ago, the pediatrician had to take her to the treatment room and cath her. Caedmon watched intently. Dr Gigi explained that she had to clean Savannah w/ a little cold soap (big q-tips of iodine) before she could get Savannah's pee pees out.]
The night (Tuesday maybe?) I realized we needed the appropriate medical tools, I was laying on the floor in Savannah's room being "examined", you know a hammer to the heart and a screw driver to the stomach (he's making his way down, head to toe).
All of a sudden I hear "it's just cold soap, it won't hurt."
Okay thanks Doc, I'm suddenly feeling much better all of a sudden.
Wowzers.
1 comment:
Emma, Owen and Joey have been fascinated with playing Doctor lately..probably due to all my appointments. Owen walks around with a "ouchy back" - bent over, holding his butt like a little old man. :) They pick up on EVERYTHING!
Post a Comment