Monday, July 14, 2008

My Dad

My Dad was hospitalized over the weekend. My parents were in the NC Mountains celebrating my Dad's 57th Birthday by attending the Highland Games. I'm not completely clear of the events that led up to it, but he basically collapsed and after a couple hours of trying to get him better to no avail the ambulance took him to the hospital in Boone. He was kept over night for observation as he was dehydrated and the EKG showed some irregularities in his heart beat. I'm not clear as to the final 'diagnosis' - severe dehydration, heat stroke, mild heart attack??? Maybe a combination of dehydration and heat stroke??? He was released Sunday and they made their way back to Oxford with the assistance of Danielle and H&B. He called me yesterday morning and sounded well; my mom said he's looking better today. But it's still a wake up call for me. My kids can't grow up without their Poppy Joe and I can't imagine life without my Dad.

He has a follow up appointment tomorrow with his Doctor. Keep him in your prayers.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hope your dad is feeling better....I would love for you to pimp my blog. A new banner and background would be great. I love yours and Tiff's so we pretty much have the same taste. I am taking James to the doctor right now for 4 shots..I'll be back later.