Background: Our master bedroom is downstairs and the kid's rooms are upstairs. One of the things I hate about our house is that the master bedroom is in the back of the house and the stairs are in the front. So to get to the stairs you have to turn out of our room, down the hallway past the dining room and kitchen and then turn back to your right to go up the stairs.
Last night I checked on Caedmon before I went to bed around 10pm. I looked back at Caedmon's bedroom door before I went downstairs and notice it didn't close all the way. Out of sheer laziness I decided I would just gate the stairs off with the tension gate so he wouldn't fall down the stairs if he decided to get out of his bed for some reason, which he never does, in the middle of the night.
Well of course last night was the exception.
Around midnight I heard the gate crash and Caedmon scream. I barely remember running up the stairs. I just remember looking up and seeing the gate at the top on the floor and Caedmon on all fours, screaming. I picked him up and sat down on the top steps trying to comfort him. I mean afterall, it's my fault that he fell. Through his sobs I made out that he was telling me he was hungry. I jokingly asked him if he was coming downstairs to get a snack, to which he replied "uh huh".
Caedmon and I were pretty much up the rest of the night. He rested from about 2 to 4:30am but would wince in pain a little. At 4:30 we got up and watched a little Thomas the Train. I brought him into work with me so we could get in to see Dr B first thing in the morning.
He's going to be alright. His top gums are pretty bruised and he has a fat lip. Dr B said the tooth may turn a shade of grey. The tooth is a little loose but he said it should tighten up over the next few days. He just can't eat any apples or carrots. An excuse for him to eat chocolate pudding; he'll be in heaven.
So after last night's drama I'm not feeling very motivated to give a long post and description about the below pictures.
Quick Recap:
Friday, Matt and I picked up Caedmon and Aiden from Gigi and Poppy's house. We had a little pizza party and then the boys crashed.

Saturday: we played outside in the pool and on the slip and slide....oh man there is another dramatic story about the pool, but I'll save that one for another day. Too many stories of bad parental judgement may get Matt and I in some trouble. Needless to say everyone is alive and no one broke anything.





Video of Matt and Caedmon on the slip & slide to follow later today.
Saturday night we went over to Amanda & Bryan's for dinner. She made some killer homemade pretzels. So yummy!
Sunday: we drove to Oxford for church. The kids from bible school were supposed to sing. As you can see from the video below, Caedmon is not much of a performer (the video is really long and well- boring)! -
ETA: I'll post the video later. Meanwhile enjoy a picture of Savannah in her Sunday best.






1 comment:
You do not get the "bad mom of the year award"! It could have been a lot worse and sounds just like something that would happen to me. I got James' cake in Greenville at Your Perfect cake. It was really good too..I just don't know what to do with the half that is sitting on top of my refridgerator?
Post a Comment