How is it even remotely possible that I have a third grader and a first grader??? I was just in school myself...or so it feels. As we dropped Savannah off this morning, Matt and I realized her teacher is about 15 years old. She's really young and so that makes me old. That's not possible; it can't be right. She must just look young for her age....then again I'm the one with the 3rd grader and 1st grader.
The kids did great today. No tears from them or me. They're taking this new school thing in stride. I know they'll do great. I have mixed emotions about them going back to school; I think it's more about them getting older than getting back to the grind. Another school year = another year older, one less year of being a kid, one less year of being able to tuck them in and snuggling them. Soon enough these childhood years will be a distant memory. And that, my friends, makes me a sad Momma today.
So now what? The big kids are back in school full time and Emory is at Nonni's for the day. I have a whole entire day of non interrupted time to actually get work done. It's not that I haven't been working the last 5 weeks but my work hours have more irregular than regular. I'm honestly not sure how I managed everything.
But alas, I can breath again. While our evenings will be a little fuller and we'll have to manage our time a little better, for now I'm grateful for a few consecutive, quiet hours today and these little people I get to call mine.
And not to be forgotten; no never forgotten.
Happy Birthday in Heaven, Dad. May they serve and endless supply of Key Lime Pie.

1 comment:
Happy Birthday Joe! These kids are amazing! I thought they would never grow up ;) so fast.
Post a Comment