Eating: Gees, who really knows anymore. Sometimes you only want about 3 oz and other times 7oz. I try to make sure you're fed about every three hours. Sometimes you go longer. I've never met a baby who does not like to eat. You will push that bottle away and make one heck of a fuss if you aren't interested, regardless of the fact it's been over 4 hours since you ate only 3 oz. My motto these days is when you're hungry you will eat and in the meantime I'll waste a fortune on formula.
I haven't started you on solids yet. Until recently you were not paying attention to us when we ate. Recently you've been following food to our mouths. We'll probably start something within the next few weeks. I might wait until your 6 mo check up.
Size: You are 13lbs on the dot. You're still quite small, but those thighs are looking mighty delicious these days, extra rolly!
Eyes: I'm calling it. They are brown. What do I have to do to get a blue eyed baby??? ;) I love your brown eyes.
Sleep: Another topic I cringe to talk about. Month 4 was not nice to us in this department. You mastered the 30 minute cat nap. You managed to regress in night time sleeping as well. You still are quite predictable with bedtime - not much later than 8pm, but you were up around 11, and 2, and up for the day between 4:45 and 5:30 most of the month. I thought I might lose my mind.
But, a friend reminded me about putting a little cereal in your bottle. I've been doing that for the last 3 or 4 nights, and I'm so happy to report that you're sleeping from 8'ish until 4:30am. Oddly enough, I've never been more tired in my life. My body is not used to getting more than 5-6 hours of INTERRUPTED sleep a night; it doesn't know what to do with a solid 7 hours of sleep.
We also had to resort back to swaddling you. So never again will I brag on your monthly check ins because I just jinx us.
Paci: Same as last month. You will take a paci for about 3-5 minutes as you are falling asleep but you'll push it out before you fall into a deep sleep. Other than this, you don't really use the paci all that much. You do love chewing on your hands and my index finger.
Likes: So many things this month. Most of all, your brother and sister are your favorite people in the world. Savannah has become your second mama and she's a great little mama. We picked up a walker for you (not that you can walk but it serves as a little play station that you'll grow into) and you play with the buttons on that thing like it's a slot machine. You love bath time, you're warming up the the kiddie pool, and you love your feet rubbed after bath!
Dislikes: Being bored. Getting your nose wiped. Being hot in the infant carrier. Not being held.
Milestones:
You've started to sit up.
You'll lean toward people when you want them to hold you.
You get excited (well ... sometimes mad) when you see the bottle.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment