And just like that another school has come to an end.
I'm no longer the parent to a 2nd grader and Kindergartener. Today is their last day of school. It's also their last day at their current school.
Last night we went to their new school for Meet the Teacher night. Caedmon has a buddy from our neighborhood in his class, but Savannah knows no one. I'm sure she'll make friends quickly and easily but it still hurts my heart a little to witness her nervousness. They'll also be riding the bus home in the afternoons as well. This will be a change for Savannah and Caedmon since they've been car riders forever now. I guess I'm feeling a little guilty about this change. Especially for Caedmon; it's his third school in four years. This one is for good though as we have no plans to move or change schools again.
We're all looking forward to the break, but I would hardly call it a break. The next six weeks will be busy, shuffling them from one grandparent to another. I'm thinking about sending Caedmon to a soccer camp and Savannah to a dance camp one week. I should probably get on that.
They'll start their new school July 7...short, sweet summer time.



No comments:
Post a Comment