Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mom...

I had all intentions of having this ready for you on your actual anniversary, but that didn't happen. 

Many people don't make it to celebrate 40 plus years of marriage; if you ask me, today you're celebrating 41 years  and one week of marriage.

While it's your anniversary and I should be giving you a gift, it's you and Dad that have given me one of the greatest gifts. That is the gift of witnessing what a real marriage consists of and how to love someone unconditionally for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health...until death do you part (and then some).

I wish with every part of my being that he was here today to celebrate with you. I don't know what it feels like to lose my best friend, but I hope you can look back on the last 41+ years with him and know without a doubt that they were the best years of your life and his. 

Much love, Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie, look forward to seeing the montage. Thank you for the sweet words. It seems at times it is getting tougher so I continue to stay busy. Miss him terribly and loved him a lifetime but not long enough! He blessed me with three wonderful daughters ans so many wonderful memories! They are all bittersweet! Love you girls! Mom