Tuesday, February 18, 2014

8

He's 8. Eight. EIGHT!!

I'm not sure when this happened. I feel like there was some sort of time warp from age 2 until 7.  He was just this chubby toddler five minutes ago and now he's this really smart, conscientious, responsible, quick witted 8 year old boy.

At 8, he's very independent and mature. His teacher often picks him to be her helper and he takes great pride in that job. In fact he gets a little upset if she picks someone else. He's definitely a people pleaser like myself. Sometimes I really have to stop him and ask him what does Caedmon want because if I don't he'll give you the answer he thinks you want to hear. He's learned the art of tormenting his sister. Man, those two can go at it. But he also puts up with a lot from her - like when she insists on hugging him every day in the cafeteria at lunch. He adores Emory and I think he's even been surprised by the intensity of his feelings for her. He is still trying to find his niche among his friends. He gets along with everyone but doesn't have a true best friend. 

My wish for the next year is that Matt and I let him enjoy being a kid. I think a lot of the pressure he feels comes from us. Maybe it's the first child thing, maybe it's our issue, maybe it's a little of both but this is it. It's his one and only childhood and I want him to look back on it fondly. 

Caedmon had a birthday month. We started the month by taking a couple school friends to see The Lego Movie.


For his actual birthday we went to Red Robin, birthday boy's choice!

We wrapped up the month by taking two more of his friends to LegoFest. Never again will we go w/ extra kids. It was Matt and I with three boys, Savannah and Emory. I was waiting for us to lose someone.

Eight years...an awesome eight years that I would do again in a heartbeat!
Happy Birthday Caedmon!







1 comment:

Erica Walters said...

I think it's a first born thing..Instant pressure to be the best and make everyone happy. Landon is like this and I'm the first born so I can relate :)