Since Caedmon and Savannah were in school the day I had the anatomy scan for Baby E, I decided to schedule a 3D/4D ultrasound at a local place. It's recommended that you wait until about the start of the third trimester to have this done since the baby is a little more filled out, but still not too large and squished.
Little Miss wanted nothing to do with us today. I guess 10:30 was a little too early for her. Not only did she have her hands covering her face, but she threw a leg/foot up there for good measure as well. The tech was so nice and spent an extra 10-15 minutes with us trying to get her to move her hands. The tech had me try drinking cold water, doing some stretches, changing positions, going to the bathroom and she still wouldn't give up a peek of her little face. We got plenty of pictures of her hands and feet though!
Because she was uncooperative, they tech invited us to come back Monday evening to try again, free of charge, which is awesome because this isn't cheap.
As it turns out, Emory is head down and quite low (which explains the pressure I pretty much feel at all times and my constant need to pee). She kept her face close to the placenta (which is in the front); between the placenta, her hands and her foot.... Emory: 1, Mom: 0.
Check back later in the week to see if we have any better luck getting a sneak peak!




No comments:
Post a Comment