Wednesday, October 16, 2013

October already?

Facebook has really ruined blogging for me. Most of the good stuff gets posted there first and by the time I get over here, it's old news.  Maybe I should stop Facebooking??? But then the work day would be so boring!

There isn't too much new in our little world. Just more of the same. Some weekend trips here and there. Work and school. It's fall so that means soccer Saturdays and NY Giants Sundays. Then the week starts all over again. Work is kicking my butt; it's making me very nervous to think about keeping up at this pace while juggling three kids. I'm feel like I'm failing at working and keeping up with two kids.

We're slowly getting ready for baby girl's arrival. By slowly I mean we aren't prepared at all. We still need a mini van (I can't get three car seats across, even w/ both big kids being in backless boosters), we have no crib (we're borrowing it from a friend), no bottles, very few clothes, one box of diapers, no bibs, no blankets, no burp cloths.  I do have a car seat and stroller for her. I keep thinking these things will work themselves out...either that or one day I'll just suck it up and buy out the baby section at Target. Either way, we'll have what we need by the time she comes.

On the baby front...
I'm 26 weeks, 4 days...about to hit the third trimester. I had my gestational diabetes test Monday; my levels were withing normal range. I've gained 15 lbs, my blood pressure was fine, her heart rate sounded good. I've got some reflux going on; some days are better than others especially if I stay away from yogurt, orange juice and peanut butter.  No real cravings though. In fact  until I typed that I had forgotten about cravings. I'm still sleeping fairly well most nights. Sometimes my hips/low back will ache or my legs will become restless....those nights are the worst. No braxton hicks contractions which is almost surprising considering how stressed out I've been over work (which is a post for another day).

Savannah finally felt her kick the other night and both Caedmon and Sav saw my  belly jump when she kicked me. She's definitely more active at night and first thing in the morning. I'm still hitting the gym, talking 2 miles walks or fitting in a prenatal yoga session 3-4 times a week. I actually ran three times at the gym last week (albeit it was 2 minutes of running, 1 minute walking at 5.5 mph for 2 miles, so use the term "run" loosely).  I'm just trying to stay in the habit of working out in whatever facet I can.

My crazy is super loud these days. I'm a hormonal mess. I cry over almost everything (which is NOT me). Nothing makes me happy. I'm easily overwhelmed. I'm overly sensitive. Bottomline - I'm not real fun to be around. In fact, it's almost easier if I just don't put myself in social situations. It's bad.

Anyway...so that is that on the baby front.

As for life outside gestating...enjoy the pictures -

Emerald Isle over Labor Day weekend



Mid-September Sav came down with pneumonia. It started with some tears and clingy-ness which turned into high fever, no energy, bell aches, a bad cough, and a lot of long naps.




Savannah turned the big 6 a few days after coming down with pneumonia. This made for 5 of 6 birthdays being sick. 

24 weeks

25 weeks 

School picture day

2013 Walk for Hope - Thank you to everyone that supported our team, The iNvincibles





Sleepy Sunday afternoon after The Walk for Hope

OMG. Fruit flies. I can't get rid of them. I don't even have fruit out anymore and I don't keep a dirty house. I'm trying this home remedy (vinegar and dish soap) which seems to work some of the time. I've officially gone to war with them. I have no idea where they are coming from. As soon as I think I've killed them all, more show up. 

1 comment:

Katie Lewis said...

Watch your sink drain in the kitchen - we had an issue with them in there. I have NO idea how or why. I used baking soda for a few days and kept spraying it out and they were gone. I despise fruit flies.