Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, Monday...


A few may notice I removed my last entry. I just felt it was a little too personal, and out of respect for Matt, I removed it. There are certain things that are fine to discuss here and there are some things that I know he won’t enjoy seeing (our last name, our location, anything that may lead someone to determine our location, and his personal business…just t to name a few). He didn't ask that I take it down; in fact, I’m pretty sure he hasn't been around here in a month or longer.  I just felt like it was the right thing to do.

Obviously whatever decision is made, I’ll eventually get around to sharing. But for now, that conversation gets to stay between me and Matt.

I feel like this blog has no direction and I think that’s why I post so infrequently.  Do I blog about figuring out that balance between work and home? Do I blog about my personal struggles? Do I blog about the ups and downs of marriage? Do I blog about the kids? Do I blog about my latest recipe attempts from Pinterest? My mother in law says this place doesn't need a direction – it just is. It’s my little space of the internet world where I can keep track of childhood milestones, sort out my feelings, keep family and friends in the loop…it’s what I've done for the last five years, I guess I’ll keep on going a little while longer.

Caedmon seems to be growing by leaps and bounds lately. Long gone are the days of a little boy. I swear he’s outgrowing pants faster than I can buy them. For the last three months, I've fought with him daily over what pants he needed to wear. I felt like he should wear jeans to school and not athletic pants; we finally made a compromise that he could wear athletic pants Wednesdays for PE. Yet, every morning was a battle – they were too tight, too this or too that. Suck it up kid; wear the freaking jeans. Then Matt convinced me it was fine for him to wear athletic pants to school; he’s a kid and its elementary school.  I went to Kohl’s and bought him three more pair and of course he picked out three hoodies.  Getting him dressed in the mornings has never been so easy; athletic pants, a t-shirt and hoodie is his thing right now. That and he wears socks with his sandals. Oy!!! He has his own style and he’s old enough to decide what to wear.  It completely blows my mind.

One of my new favorite things is to look thru the photos on my phone and see where Savannah has taken numerous self portraits. It cracks me up.


Savannah likes to wear anything on her waist as low as possible. Tights and leggings…pushed down. Skirts…low riders. The two pair of ‘comfy’ pants she has…practically fall off her.  Needless to say, we’re always seeing her bottom. We’re in the process of building a kitchen island and the kids were helping us paint it over the weekend. Sav had the tiny paintbrush and was filling in the cracks between the wood. She gave herself the title of “Crack Girl.” Matt and I laughed for a while on that one and in the meantime, she’s given herself a new name, Crack Girl.

For our anniversary, Matt bought me a shell of a counter/cabinet. The idea is that we would fix it up and create an eat-in kitchen island to replace our kitchen table. We finally got started on this project over the Holidays and if the counter top goes well, we’ll finish it up this week. It’s been really fun to see the evolution of this beat up old cabinet. We've got to paint the 4 decorative posts, stain and mount the wooden counter top, put the cabinet door back on and then we’ll be done. The counter top makes me a little nervous because it wasn't our first choice option, but it was the most doable one. Fingers crossed it works the way we hope it will.

Matt bought me a laptop for Christmas. I love it. Windows 8 is rather dumb, but I'm figuring it out.

Finally, I registered my baby for Kindergarten today. She was less than thrilled about this.

2 comments:

Erica Walters said...

I love the athletic pants! They look so grown and handsome in them :) Of course, I have two boys who think any shirt with buttons (even if it's only two) is a "church shirt"! If he really likes hoodies/athletic pants/shorts, you should try the Under Armour outlet in Smithfield! Awesome deals!

Katie Lewis said...

I now have to check out the Under Armour Outlet in Smithfield for my boys..they thank you Erica. :)