Thursday, January 31, 2013

Life...

We're back home. Donna recovered quickly from the 5th round of Chemo. In fact she was gone less than 4 weeks. We have one more round at her house, but that won't be until March sometime. We should be home for good around mid April.

Since we're back into our new-old environment, we have to readjust to our new-old routine. I looked in the rear view mirror this morning as I'm pulling into the Preschool parking lot and realized I didn't brush Savannah's hair today. She didn't seem to mind one bit.
 
C&S playing the DS together
 
Caedmon brought home his progress report. He has 3's in everything but writing, which he had a 2 in. He needs to work on capitalization, spelling and punctuation. His reading has improved and he is actually phasing out of "Reading Club" this week. He is reading on a level 10 and needs to be at a level 11 or 12 by March. All in all, his progress is good. Yet, I can't help feel like I'm not doing enough. Getting him to do homework is painful. He doesn't want to focus or sit still. He's easily frustrated. All these things, plus the fact that I'm going on a 12 hour day by this point creates very little patience in our household. Any suggestions?

Savannah brought home her progress report yesterday as well. Her teacher said such sweet things about her. She does need to work on her letter and number recognition a little more, but we had already started her on "Momma School" which is where she does a few worksheets when she's home with me in the afternoon. Girlfriend loves some Momma School; she begs for more work. She has worksheets in handwriting, math, numbers, letters, and sounds every day. We just don't feel like she's exactly where she needs to be since she'll be starting Kindergarten in July. On the other hand, I think she knows more than she lets on. She tends to play us quite often; knows we'll just help her because it's easier on us.

Caedmon tests for his Orange belt this Saturday. I know I'm biased, but the kid is a natural at this TKD stuff.  He gets it from his father. They even hold their hands the same way when doing their forms.
Sav being silly while waiting in the carpool line for Caedmon

We finally found a church we all agree on. I honestly thought it would never happen and I would end up settling for a place that Matt liked, but that didn't happen. It's nice not to worry about what church will try out next week.

I'm craving something right now, but I just can't put my finger on what it is. Pancakes with syrup, maybe. I guess my apple and peanut butter will have to do.

I confess I absolutely love leaving my house in the mornings with all the beds made, dishwasher emptied and reloaded, and laundry folded. It just seems like it puts my day on the right path. Even if work sucks, or I have to pick up a sick child, or whatever it is, at least I can come home to a clean, clutter free house. I feel like I'm so much more productive when everything is in its place.

My kids have started putting their PJs under their pillows. I forgot that we used to do this growing up.
 
It was in the 70's the other day. After school we picked up McFlurries and walked around Lake Lynn, stopping at Aunt Nicole's bench
 
Sav slept in one of my t-shirts the other night. I forgot I used to do that growing up...sleep in one of my mom's shirts.
 
I've been productive today and I don't even feel motivated. In addition to working, I've managed to get my car washed (it really needed it after the last two weeks of snow and ice), have lunch with Savannah, have a call with my Dr about a prescription refill, lined up a guy to come power wash our house, called a lady about making a Skylander Giants cake for Caedmon's birthday, and I'm about to take a break and put some laundry away. It doesn't sound like a lot but those things had been nagging me for a while now. It feels good to get them off my list.
 
Until next time...

No comments: