For over a year, Savannah had been asking for a tea party. For over a year, I had been putting it off. When we finally discussed turning the big 5, she wanted a Disney Princess party and I suggested a tea party (considering she's been into Princesses for about 3 years now...I'm a little burnt out on it). She inisted on a Princess tea party and I suggested a Fairy tea party. We compromised (sort of, but I was paying for this party so I had the final say so).
She had a blast. The girls had a great time. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. I am, quite frankly, exhausted. I forgot how exhausting it is to throw a birthday party at home...the prep, the party, the clean up.
I ordered tutus, fairy wings, halos, and wands from HaloHeaven.com for all the girls to wear during the party. They also doubled as their party favors. HUGE hit!
I assumed (and was right) that 12 little girls weren't going to eat a lot. I stuck to a basic menu of Strawberries with Whip Cream, Grape and Banana kabobs, Cheese and Crackers, Fruity Pebble Krispy Treats, and mini Blueberry muffins. We served Apple juice, Orange juice, and water. For the moms, we had Mimosas.
Savannah and I canvassed local Goodwill stores for salad plates and glasses to use during the tea party. This gave the tables a nice, simple, whimiscal mix. We used small vases filled with bright colored daisies for the centerpieces. Again simple!
I made Savannah's banner. Just some scrap paper and flower cut outs from Michael's along with some basic PSE design for the letters. I punched holes in the top of the triangles and threaded it with burlap twine.
For the "main event" I had Fairy Justine of Clowing Around with Justine stop by. She's not just any Fairy, she's a facepainting Fairy! She was wonderful! She jumped right in, was completely in character as Queen of the Fairies, and the girls were captivated by her. Best $90 ever!!!
Believe it or not, well it's actually pretty easy to believe, Savannah didn't want me to make her cupcakes. I was all ready to make them; I had practiced them the weekend before. The day before her party, she requests Walmart cupcakes, so that is what she got. Whatever kid!
This girl knows how to eat a cupcake!!
After the cake and facepainting, the girls decided to hunt witches, or trolls, or whatever the opposite of fairies are. Again, they had a blast tramping through the woods. Who would have thought?!
A huge THANK YOU to Bianca of Etsy shop, Sewing unto the King, for her last minute work on this special birthday shirt for the Birthday girl! She's local too!
My advice for any parent of little girls, you must find a "big girl" who is about 10 years older than your daughter! Savannah loves her Emily to death; Emily is a great helper and role model!! We love us some Emily!!!
Caedmon wasn't completely left out; these Ninja buddies got to terrorize the fairies!
Birthday # 5 for this little lady is complete. I can check tea party off our bucket list!!
As I finished this entry, I looked over and this is what I saw. She stole my nap!!


No comments:
Post a Comment