1. In true Sav fashion, she got sick the night of her party. She fell asleep after her party and when she woke up she had a low grade fever and was vomiting. This lasted until mid-morning Sunday. I believe this makes 4 out of 5 birthdays she has been sick. In fact, she told me to just buy her Sprite for her next birthday (because we all know Sprite makes everything better).
2. There has been a lot of changes at our house over the last three months, here it goes...
3. Caedmon changed schools; we put in him a year round school. For you non locals, this means he goes to school for nine weeks and is off for three. He’s currently tracked out and will be heading back to school Monday. He goes to Track Out camp at the local YMCA when he’s not at school.
4. Matt’s off Patrol. He changed units (or whatever you call it) in late July. This means he no longer works the crazy Patrol schedule. His schedule is more predictable now: days one week, nights the next. He’s off every Sunday and Monday. He also has a take home car. Yay for saving gas money!
5. About a month ago my boss came to me and asked me to interview for this Regional Operations Manager (ROM) position. Of course I did. Then last week my boss said they had restructured some things and a current Manager was going to be overseeing the Region I had interviewed for, but I did get promoted to Team Lead and got a raise too! At first I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about it. You know, you look forward to a change and then you’re let down a little when it doesn’t happen. Once I had time to process it all, I’m perfectly okay with the way things worked out. Before he asked me to interview for the ROM position, I had just told Matt that I would prefer to have flexibility over responsibility right now. With the Team Lead position I get to keep my flex schedule, I get to keep doing what I'm good at (Case Management) while learning the behind the scenes stuff the ROM does (payroll, reviews, service reviews, etc). Also, I think know I need to work on my management skills. I need to build my confidence in this area; I'm either not aggressive enough or a little cold hearted and righteous. I also got a nice raise. It’s the best of both worlds for me right now.
6. Speaking of flex schedules, I’m in love with mine. Just before Caedmon started 1st grade I pitched an idea to my boss and he agreed. Mondays are my office days (9a-5p) and then Tuesday thru Fridays I’m in the office 9-12:30 and I work from home the rest of the time. I love it because I can drop the kids off at school and be available to pick them up. I can’t tell you how nice it is to be able to start a load of laundry, or put dinner in the Crock Pot in the middle of the day. I get to have lunch with Matt during the weeks he works nights; otherwise I wouldn’t see him from Wednesday morning when I left for work until Saturday. It truly creates a nice balance for me and my little family.
7. Savannah LOVES her new preschool. She goes five mornings a week and hops right out of the car at drop off. She’s got a class full of girls and they are quickly becoming good friends.
8. If you remember, my mother in law has cancer and she decided to get treatment at UAMS in Little Rock, AR. This left her three large dogs and large home in need of someone to take care of it. Yeap, we moved in until she permanently comes back. It’s been an adjustment for us all. Caedmon and Savannah now share a room (our decision to keep them together). It’s definitely a juggling act trying to maintain two households, have all the stuff you will need in both places, taking care of the yard, etc. We do spend some weekends at our house and when my MIL comes home in between treatments, we head back to our house.
9. My Dad’s doing well. He finished his chemo over a month ago. He just got the results of his PET scan back. The chemo did help shrink the bladder tumors. They couldn’t get a good look at the tumors in his ureter. In a couple weeks he’ll be admitted over night so they can get a better look at the kidneys/ureter. Four weeks (give or take) from then, he’ll have his bladder, prostate, and possibly his right kidney removed.
10. In November my mom is taking me and my older sister along w/ my 8 year old nephew and Caedmon to NYC for a long weekend. The boys will get to see the city. While there we’ll see Newsies and Spiderman on Broadway. Caedmon can.not.wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment